The Student Room Group

If Oxbridge are among the best unis then WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE UK?

The UK is run by Oxbridge grads and we are the worst affected country by the COVID crisis. Not to mention we have the worst death rate. Our economy has seen the biggest slump of any other European country. Is it time to end the Oxbridge discrimination against better unis like LSE, UCL and Imperial so that we have more competent people running the country?

Other unis like St. Andrews & Sussex also have top departments but their grads face severe discrimination in the workplace. This is especially true for top professions.

Just look at what these Oxbridge grads have done!!
bayeux.jpg
Oxbridge are considered the best for the research they produce and the effectiveness of their teaching methods, not the personalities/ poor decisions of their previous alumni.

Spoiler

Your a f*cking wind up mate.

Spoiler

Reply 4
Just in case anyone lives under a rock:

- UCL has received significantly more UK government funding than every other uni for the past 2 years for research purposes.
- It has even received much more COVID-19 related funding because of its best quality research proposals.
- According to a ranking of universities produced by SCImago Research Group, UCL is ranked 1st in Europe in terms of total research output.
- According to a 10-year analysis released in July 2008 by ISI Web of Knowledge, UCL is the most-cited university of Europe.
- UCL is ranked 1st in Europe in the 2019/20 University Ranking by Academic Performance.
- UCL is ranked 2nd in Europe in the 2019 National Taiwan University Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities.

Don't even get me started on LSE and Imperial. But let me just drop this for you -- LSE has produced way more world leaders than Oxbridge (and possible even Harvard/Yale) combined.
As an LSE and UCL alumni, I can assure you LSE and UCL are not better than Oxbridge. Statistics wise UCL may look good, but that's only because it's two times larger. Oxbridge is more influential in early all aspects, and their gaps tend to be larger in the last three or four years. The best publication is always carried out by Oxbridge presses while there is hardly anything that goes to the UCL press. In around 2005 to 2010 London unis surpass Oxbridge seems to be a real thing but now they have become increasingly less attractive to students. What you are doing will be seen as trolling and give others even worse impression to London unis no matter what your true intension is.
Make Oxford Brookes and Anglia Ruskin the superpowers and we'd really get somewhere imo.
Reply 7
Original post by megascream
As an LSE and UCL alumni, I can assure you LSE and UCL are not better than Oxbridge. Statistics wise UCL may look good, but that's only because it's two times larger. Oxbridge is more influential in early all aspects, and their gaps tend to be larger in the last three or four years. The best publication is always carried out by Oxbridge presses while there is hardly anything that goes to the UCL press. In around 2005 to 2010 London unis surpass Oxbridge seems to be a real thing but now they have become increasingly less attractive to students. What you are doing will be seen as trolling and give others even worse impression to London unis no matter what your true intension is.

Utter nonsense!! This is a dangerous and malicious lie. UCL has more students and less faculty. In fact, UCL has significantly less academic staff than Cambridge and about the same as Oxford.

It only proves that UCL academics are much much more competent - They form a superior research body despite being smaller in size/lesser in number, AND they can teach 3 times the students as well. lmao! OUP publishes research from other unis like UCL, LSE and Imperial so it's an indication of how well connected your publishing house is, not your academic capabilities and output. I'm talking only about academic superiority. Cambridge is far behind and almost a league below UCL. Nobody likes their research proposal or cites their research.

Sorry, it's over and it shows in the actions of disgraceful Oxbridge grads. The worst in Europe! We need more grads from academically superior unis like LSE etc.
Original post by tsrholicc
Sorry, it's over and it shows in the actions of disgraceful Oxbridge grads. The worst in Europe!

I now think of comments like this as "Going for the Full TRUMP".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending