The Student Room Group

SQA Exam Threads 2021!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Labrador99

SQA Exam Threads 2020-21

Hi everyone!

Could never have guessed that we'd be making this so early this year, but here we are! :smile: If you're looking for a place to ask questions, discuss exams/assignments or generally stress out about some of your subjects, then here's all of the 2020-21 SQA subject threads you'll need!

Chat Thread (for anything that isn't related to a specific subject/exam :h: )

National 5:
Computer Science
Economics
Mathematics
Spanish

Higher:
Admin & IT
Business Management
Chemistry
Classics
Computing Science
English
Geography
Human Biology
Mathematics
Modern Studies
Music
Physics
Politics
Spanish

Advanced Higher:
Biology
Chemistry
English
French
Geography
Mathematics
Maths of Mechanics
Music

Is your subject not here?
If your subject/level isn't here, it's probably just that there hasn't been a thread made for it yet. Click here to start a new thread and be sure to include the subject, level and 2020-21 in the title so other people can find it easily! Ideally, please allow someone who is doing the subject/level to make the thread to give more people a chance :smile:

If you make a thread, or if I've missed any other subject threads, let me know by commenting and linking it below, and I'll get it added in

I added higher Religious moral and Philosophical Studies in x
Original post by student16641664
I added higher Religious moral and Philosophical Studies in x

Thank you! :smile:
Thanks @red cl for Higher History & Philosophy!

Spoiler

Hi I just made an Advanced Higher History one :smile: does anyone know when the exam timetable will be released?
Original post by thepunmaster.e
does anyone know when the exam timetable will be released?

I was about to ask the same thing.
Does anyone know of any updates from the SQA? That Priestly review must be in by now...
Does anyone know of any updates from the SQA? That Priestly review must be in by now...

Nope, SQA has been silent for a bit now.

I’ve been anxiously checking the twitter every day or two now. They were meant to have updated us on the 31st of august so idk what happened there
Original post by Vladimir Poutine
I’ve been anxiously checking the twitter every day or two now. They were meant to have updated us on the 31st of august so idk what happened there

The Scottish government told them to wait with their decisions as this guy from Stirling University is doing a review of it, called Mark Priestly. John Swinney wants to see this report before making any final decisions on what the SQA has decided. The Priestly report was supposed to be finished for end of august but for some reason it was delayed until the end of September. John Swinney now plans to update schools before the October week, with the SQA doing the same (even though a fat lot of good course reductions will do if people have already been taught that aspect of the course)
The Scottish government told them to wait with their decisions as this guy from Stirling University is doing a review of it, called Mark Priestly. John Swinney wants to see this report before making any final decisions on what the SQA has decided. The Priestly report was supposed to be finished for end of august but for some reason it was delayed until the end of September. John Swinney now plans to update schools before the October week, with the SQA doing the same (even though a fat lot of good course reductions will do if people have already been taught that aspect of the course)

I really hope I won’t have to do two essays for english. Only just creative.

Interesting. If he wants to see the review of the teacher assessment system this year does that perhaps point towards the fact that they are not confident exams will go ahead? Anyone’s guess really
Original post by Vladimir Poutine
Interesting. If he wants to see the review of the teacher assessment system this year does that perhaps point towards the fact that they are not confident exams will go ahead? Anyone’s guess really

Who knows but I’ve heard from my teachers we’re finding out on Tuesday 😳
They obviously won't really be exam threads this year, but feel free to add more threads for subjects/levels not yet listed in the OP, as they can still be used for asking questions/chatting about your courses :biggrin:
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, I’m taking advanced higher english and my teacher recommended doing the reading over summer. Should I take notes of the novels as I read and if so, what sort of notes? Appreciate it if anyone could help, thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending