The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Autumn Exam A-level 7037 P 1,2 6th/13th Oct 2020 - Exam Discussion

AQA A-level Geography 7037 - Paper 1 and 2 6th/13th/ October 2020

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

7037 Paper 1,2 6th/13th October 2020

The official specification:

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/geography/specifications/AQA-7037-SP-2016.PDF

List of Recommended Resources:

Autumn Exam Megathread - Autumn Exam Thread Directory

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is anyone here
Original post by dokyeom
is anyone here

I'm here :lol:

How is the revision coming on?
Reply 3
Original post by Evil Homer
I'm here :lol:

How is the revision coming on?

it's not lmfaooo idk how people do it
Reply 4
How did people do..
Reply 5
that exam was hard i was grasping at straws ngl
Reply 6
Had to rush so much with the 20 markers
I didn't like the water and carbon cycle essay.
Reply 8
Original post by Penguin2002
I didn't like the water and carbon cycle essay.

was it relevant to talk about deforestation (and its impact on carbon budget) for when trees are cleared for farming practices. My other point was on capital-intensive farming
Original post by ST1402
was it relevant to talk about deforestation (and its impact on carbon budget) for when trees are cleared for farming practices. My other point was on capital-intensive farming

I hope so because I wrote about deforestation too. The question really threw me.
Reply 10
I hope so because I wrote about deforestation too. The question really threw me.

What do you think you got overall?
Reply 11
I had no idea what to write for the carbon budget one, to be honest i forgot what a carbon budget was? i just spoke about deforestation and pastoral and arable farming. was so bad! I feel like disappointed as well cause I realised during the exam i actually know stuff hahaha 😂
Original post by ST1402
What do you think you got overall?

I really don't know. When I read through it at the end I thought I'd done okay but now I'm only thinking about the stuff I did wrong. What about you?
Original post by Lgm1806
I had no idea what to write for the carbon budget one, to be honest i forgot what a carbon budget was? i just spoke about deforestation and pastoral and arable farming. was so bad! I feel like disappointed as well cause I realised during the exam i actually know stuff hahaha 😂

That's exactly what I did! I can't even remember doing it.
Reply 14
I really don't know. When I read through it at the end I thought I'd done okay but now I'm only thinking about the stuff I did wrong. What about you?

Not great but not terrible. My 6/9 markers were decent but my 20 markers were too basic i think. Grade boundaires are around 65% (worked out excluding NEA) for an A so im hoping thats gonna save me
Reply 15
I want them to be extra kind and generous when marking our papers due to ya know, the pandemic but not gonna happen w our government 😕 I feel like no one really did this exam either? seems so unpopular? I was the only one in my school
Reply 16
Original post by Lgm1806
I want them to be extra kind and generous when marking our papers due to ya know, the pandemic but not gonna happen w our government 😕 I feel like no one really did this exam either? seems so unpopular? I was the only one in my school

About 385 entries for geography. Veryyy lowww
i ****ed up hazards so badly, my explanations were so basic and i didnt have time to correct my ao3s...
Reply 18
Original post by dokyeom
i ****ed up hazards so badly, my explanations were so basic and i didnt have time to correct my ao3s...

all my responses for that paper were so messy and unstructured tbh. And with the hazard 20 marker i basically only spoke about the australian wildfires in 2019 and nothing else oops
i completely forgot was isostatic change was...lol. other than that i thought the exam was okay, bit worried about how they will figure out the grade boundaries from only 380 students taking it...

Latest

Trending

Trending