The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I’m playing on applying for Scots law at Glasgow however how much do national 5’s play a part. My national 5’s went terribly however I did make up for it with my highers. I have 5 A’s at higher and doing AH modern studies, English and higher environmental science, french

Unis don’t really look at Nat 5s except English and math...I think for most cases you need at least a C in Nat 5 math and english
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 41
Heyo, applied for MEng Electrical Engineering with A Levels in Maths, Further Maths, and Physics. (A*A*A prediction). Applied for second year entry because I can't find any info about it and it looked worth pursuing, given that theyll consider you for first year if you're not suitable for second year anyway.
Hi all I am quite clueless on the application process for Glasgow! I applied for law a week ago, does anyone know how long they normally take to give out offers? Obviously they have to wait until LNAT results are released but do they normally wait until January?
yes, I have just applied. Am predicted A*A*A in maths physics and further maths, Glasgow is one of my top choices. Have you applied yet?
I sent my UCAS off today! I’m applying for maths with AAB predictions. I’ve never visited glasgow because of corona and i live in South London but i love the course + the city seems really great! :smile:
Original post by EllaaaaC
Hi all I am quite clueless on the application process for Glasgow! I applied for law a week ago, does anyone know how long they normally take to give out offers? Obviously they have to wait until LNAT results are released but do they normally wait until January?

Hi! I’m also applying for law (with philosophy) :smile: I heard the Scottish unis normally wait until after the Jan deadline to start giving out offers, but don’t quote me on that lol. I’m from England (NW) so I’m pretty clueless also! Can I ask what grades you’re applying with if you don’t mind? I’m applying with predicted A*A*A in history maths and english lit :smile: Best of luck!
I think Glasgow uni will be pretty slow with offers especially since they've extended the LNAT deadline due to COVID.
Hi! I'm applying for Classics/Theology and I'm studying a-levels Classic Civ, History, Religious studies and EPQ. :smile:
Original post by izzxm
I sent my UCAS off today! I’m applying for maths with AAB predictions. I’ve never visited glasgow because of corona and i live in South London but i love the course + the city seems really great! :smile:

Also from South London! A bit stressed about never visiting haha
Original post by anisha211
hi!!!

i'm going to be applying for aeronautical engineering and i'm currently doing physics, chemistry, math, english and modern studies at higher. i'm actually an international student studying in a scottish high school right now and i'm very excited to start uni!! i'll only be 16 (turning 17 in like a month tho) just because of how late my birthday is in the year and also because i'm going to uni a year early anywayssss...anyone else applying for aero engineering??

I'm applying for law but I'll be starting off at 16 too!
Hii, I'm applying for scots law and I'm in S5 doing 5 highers (modern studies, music, chemistry, french and english)
Original post by Venusplants
Also from South London! A bit stressed about never visiting haha

Yess very stressed atm - i feel like scotland is another world compared to london aha, also my friends/family think i’m absolutely insane for wanting to move that far away!
Original post by EllaaaaC

Hi! I applied a week ago too and no offers yet. I think because Glasgow is the best in Scotland for law they will take longer. Edinburgh said that because I applied earlier I would get my offer by March but I don’t know if that is the same case with Glasgow
I applied on 14/10/20 for Economics! I got all A's at Higher and I am doing Maths, English, Modern Studies and RMPS this year (with higher economics self taught)

:smile:
Original post by izzxm
Yess very stressed atm - i feel like scotland is another world compared to london aha, also my friends/family think i’m absolutely insane for wanting to move that far away!

Ikr! Everytime I mention Glasgow, the response is, 'Wow, do you know how far away that is???'

Like,,, ma'am, like I haven't been constantly checking the distance. xD I've heard Glasgow is a nice city? Much smaller than London so might be a culture shock... But sounds SO affordable!! (I'm Iz btw)
(edited 3 years ago)
Applying to Scots Law/Politics. Currently on AAAAC for highers and taking 2 advanced highers and another higher this year. LNAT is on the 27th November!
Ikr! Everytime I mention Glasgow, the response is, 'Wow, do you know how far away that is???'

Like,,, ma'am, like I haven't been constantly checking the distance. xD I've heard Glasgow is a nice city? Much smaller than London so might be a culture shock... But sounds SO affordable!! (I'm Iz btw)

Exactly! the distance doesn’t matter - i was mainly looking at the course and city. The scottish uni courses seem kinda cool by giving the option to study other subjects. Glasgow seems amazing to live in and as a student city!! I’m izzy :smile:
Original post by izzxm
Exactly! the distance doesn’t matter - i was mainly looking at the course and city. The scottish uni courses seem kinda cool by giving the option to study other subjects. Glasgow seems amazing to live in and as a student city!! I’m izzy :smile:

The flexible course thing really confused me at first but it seems such a good idea, so many options! (Considering maybe English or Philosophy?)

Glasgow also sounds really friendly apparently. :smile: (I hope there's a bunch of other London/England students so it's not just me lost in Scotland. 😂) Also Izzy but just Iz!
Have you heard back from Glasgow at all? I haven't even got an acknowledgement yet and UCAS got my application on the 8th. Also hoping they get some more scholarships, they had one for Afro-Caribbean students last year but they seem to have dropped it.
The flexible course thing really confused me at first but it seems such a good idea, so many options! (Considering maybe English or Philosophy?)

Glasgow also sounds really friendly apparently. :smile: (I hope there's a bunch of other London/England students so it's not just me lost in Scotland. 😂) Also Izzy but just Iz!
Have you heard back from Glasgow at all? I haven't even got an acknowledgement yet and UCAS got my application on the 8th. Also hoping they get some more scholarships, they had one for Afro-Caribbean students last year but they seem to have dropped it.

Yeah i’m still kind of confused with the course, are you supposed to study 3 subjects in first year or 2? - aha i guess i’ll have to find out at one point. I’m definitely doing maths and either philosophy, economics, statistics!

I really hope there are other students from around here so i don’t feel like a complete outsider😂 I’ve received acknowledgments from all my options except from Glasgow - i would like to say i’m being patient but i’m really not😂 - i just want to know if i got in or not! Yes hopefully there will be some scholarships available - i only found that they had a bursary for undergrad students who are planning to study at Glasgow/Strathclyde for postgrad, i was hoping that it would make living away from home a lot easier financially.
Original post by melissadx
Hi! I’m also applying for law (with philosophy) :smile: I heard the Scottish unis normally wait until after the Jan deadline to start giving out offers, but don’t quote me on that lol. I’m from England (NW) so I’m pretty clueless also! Can I ask what grades you’re applying with if you don’t mind? I’m applying with predicted A*A*A in history maths and english lit :smile: Best of luck!

Good luck to you too! Thanks for the info lol. I’m from England too but SE, in applying with A*A*A in history politics and Spanish and I already have an A* in sociology :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending