The Student Room Group

lead a girl on...

Ok sooo, during quarantine, I was kinda bored, so I started talking to this girl (recently broke up with my other girl)
But now she’s caught feelings, I’ve been not speaking to her, but now she’s worried.. what shall I do?
I just want to be single, I didn’t even want her to catch feelings?
Someone help pls

Scroll to see replies

Just explain this to her. You’re doing more harm by ignoring her and leading her on. If you didn’t want a relationship you really shouldn’t have led her on in the first place.

Just explain that you’re not looking for a relationship and apologise. It will hurt her, but she deserves the truth rather than more lies.
Reply 2
Well just get your firends to say you need sometime alone and if she keeps bothering you
idk
I don't think you led her on, just be polite and let her down easy if she says she likes you.
tell her the truth honestly - she wld rather u were honest w/ her then just kept tlkng to her without her knowing this/airing her cuz then she might think u like her n will just get confused n upset n might end up hating u aha
yh no just be honest n open with her x
Original post by scar05
Well just get your firends to say you need sometime alone and if she keeps bothering you
idk

Yeah, I just don’t want to hurt her at all
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Just explain this to her. You’re doing more harm by ignoring her and leading her on. If you didn’t want a relationship you really shouldn’t have led her on in the first place.

Just explain that you’re not looking for a relationship and apologise. It will hurt her, but she deserves the truth rather than more lies.

I’ll try to, I don’t want to hurt her because that’s so bad
Original post by CaptainDucky
I’ll try to, I don’t want to hurt her because that’s so bad

I’m sure it’ll be fine! It sounds like it was accidental but she deserves to know rather than continue wasting time thinking you will date her! I’d just explain how you feel and apologise x
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
I don't think you led her on, just be polite and let her down easy if she says she likes you.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but she’s questioning if I needed space, I said I was not feeling with things recently (which I am)
Reply 9
Yeah, I just don’t want to hurt her at all

trust me i uderstand this happend to me before just
do what makes you comfortable theres nothing bad
with not want to talk to her youll be fine
I’m sure it’ll be fine! It sounds like it was accidental but she deserves to know rather than continue wasting time thinking you will date her! I’d just explain how you feel and apologise x

Yeah it was, i initially was just trying to make a friend honestly but it just escalated, maybe I shouldn’t have female friends then because things like this will happen, now I know though

Thank you !❤️
Original post by scar05
trust me i uderstand this happend to me before just
do what makes you comfortable theres nothing bad
with not want to talk to her youll be fine

Okay thank you, hopefully she doesn’t get mad
Yeah it was, i initially was just trying to make a friend honestly but it just escalated, maybe I shouldn’t have female friends then because things like this will happen, now I know though

Thank you !❤️

Oh no don’t think like that! You can definitely have female friends, I would just make it clear that it’s only friends that you want! Like don’t flirt and don’t overly compliment them! As long as both of you are on the same page that it’s just a friendship, you’ll be fine!💗
Reply 13
Okay thank you, hopefully she doesn’t get mad

or get a firend to talk to her for you
& i hope so too
Oh no don’t think like that! You can definitely have female friends, I would just make it clear that it’s only friends that you want! Like don’t flirt and don’t overly compliment them! As long as both of you are on the same page that it’s just a friendship, you’ll be fine!💗

Tbh, at first I told her I wanted to just be her friend, and we both agreed on it... but we started having late night chats which led to something else, and I regret it. I’ve learnt my lesson honestly
Tbh, at first I told her I wanted to just be her friend, and we both agreed on it... but we started having late night chats which led to something else, and I regret it. I’ve learnt my lesson honestly

Yeah I mean when things like that happen, it can give the other person the wrong idea. I’m sure she’d still love to be your friend though, you sound really caring x
Original post by M_Zara
tell her the truth honestly - she wld rather u were honest w/ her then just kept tlkng to her without her knowing this/airing her cuz then she might think u like her n will just get confused n upset n might end up hating u aha
yh no just be honest n open with her x

Yeah very true, I was thinking the exact same thing!
Yeah I don’t want her confused at all, I’ll try talking to her about it
Yeah I mean when things like that happen, it can give the other person the wrong idea. I’m sure she’d still love to be your friend though, you sound really caring x

Yeah, totally the wrong idea honestly!

Awww, thank you, that’s really sweet :smile:
Yeah I am hehe :smile:
Yeah, totally the wrong idea honestly!

Awww, thank you, that’s really sweet :smile:
Yeah I am hehe :smile:

haha :wink:) im sure if you explain it, it will all work out x
haha :wink:) im sure if you explain it, it will all work out x

Thank you so much b x😊

Quick Reply