The Student Room Group

Relationships

Hi there so I have been talking to this girl at work for months and I have feeling she might be interested based on subtle hints I have heard one of the co workers say so when is my name that has been mentioned said the girl when is me going out ask her out.

That’s what the guy at work said to her. I don’t want read into much detail as I could be hearing things but it was clear what the guy said the girl. So not sure if she has a crush on me but only I can ask her but I really lack in confidence.

I’m just trying to find the right time and place to ask her out but it’s difficult around but just wanted to know how can I approach without coming as a creep or anything like that.
Reply 1
I was part of a similar experience at my work - except I was the girl. I started getting on really well with a guy colleague and was drawn to him a lot.

If you lack the confidence to ask her out directly, I would recommend trying to gradually set it up instead of straight up suggesting a date. You could try and organise a group thing with you, her, the other guy and any one else from your workplace that you guys chat with. I think this sort of thing makes it so much easier to segway into asking someone out- you could even do something just the two of you straight after hanging out as a group, so that it seems like natural progression after the others have headed home.

In my case, this worked well when the guy at my work did this with me.
It was only when he started getting very intense with me and being very clingy one-on-one that totally pushed me away hahah. He kept reading "signals" that I was sending that weren't signals at all, and accused me of leading him on when really I hadn't sent many of the signals he thought he'd seen. So be wary lol.

Just be casual and natural and try and facilitate a chill situation where you guys end up hanging out- I'm sure she'll be into it!! Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by hana_mk
I was part of a similar experience at my work - except I was the girl. I started getting on really well with a guy colleague and was drawn to him a lot.

If you lack the confidence to ask her out directly, I would recommend trying to gradually set it up instead of straight up suggesting a date. You could try and organise a group thing with you, her, the other guy and any one else from your workplace that you guys chat with. I think this sort of thing makes it so much easier to segway into asking someone out- you could even do something just the two of you straight after hanging out as a group, so that it seems like natural progression after the others have headed home.

In my case, this worked well when the guy at my work did this with me.
It was only when he started getting very intense with me and being very clingy one-on-one that totally pushed me away hahah. He kept reading "signals" that I was sending that weren't signals at all, and accused me of leading him on when really I hadn't sent many of the signals he thought he'd seen. So be wary lol.

Just be casual and natural and try and facilitate a chill situation where you guys end up hanging out- I'm sure she'll be into it!! Good luck

Just being myself when it comes to the that situation I do be careful off what signals she sending me as don’t want too read it wrong and make her feel awkward. Just want her to be comfortable around me and see what happens as I don’t like to put pressure on her or any other girl.

I think I’m getting better with girls now days as I don’t want to make mistakes and feel embarrassed about it. But it happens to everyone I guess.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Just being myself when it comes to the that situation I do be careful off what signals she sending me as don’t want too read it wrong and make her feel awkward. Just want her to be comfortable around me and see what happens as I don’t like to put pressure on her or any other girl.

I think I’m getting better with girls now days as I don’t want to make mistakes and feel embarrassed about it. But it happens to everyone I guess.

Definitely the best approach. Girls like it when you're chill with it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending