The Student Room Group

Guys 16-18 what do you look for in a girlfriend

I want to know how the actual male population thinks. Male friends and my male family members seem to be quite nice compared to others when it comes to what they expect from a girl but will sometimes slip up and make negative comments about women that I think are insane. I want to actually know what the average male population looks for in a girl and do you think your expectations are realistic or have been influenced by any sort of outside source?
Reply 1
Coming from someone with a girlfriend, its all about someone who makes you feel you. When some say looks aren't a priority they more than often truly mean that, a lot of us guys have some sort of inner child in us almost a forever young, fun, extroverted rebel who, with growing up can be supressed and maybe hidden away which can lead to periodic depressions or perhaps mood crashes - essentially sometimes you might feel lost. So, in a girl at least what I have found with my girlfriend is just the way she manages to revive that inner child of mine, how I can be myself around her and not worry about judgement or negativity. Another aspect is being able to have fun with each other - the time to time bullying, occasional playfights and someone who is like the opposite sex version of you in my opinion is someone who a guy will stick with for life, if not a long time. That being said I feel the importance of looks is based on who you are and who you've grown up around with, it's always going to be that way but now with social media and models a lot of guys are gaining twisted perceptions on the 'purpose' of women or how they view women. My expectation of women has just always been the above said, I never cared if this girl had this or looked better than her, for me it was a click with someone that sealed my love for her, someone that i could be natural with and not have to put up any facade or fake version of myself so that she would like me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending