The Student Room Group

Can you retake GCSE Science online and get into Uni?

Is it possible to enrol onto an online course just for science, and still be able to get into uni? I only need a science GCSE and i’m leaving college in 7 months so I was wondering if i could enrol into an online GCSE course
Reply 1
Original post by Lvnaooo
Is it possible to enrol onto an online course just for science, and still be able to get into uni? I only need a science GCSE and i’m leaving college in 7 months so I was wondering if i could enrol into an online GCSE course

You can but you can't take the actual exam online -you'd have to take it at an exam centre - why not ask your college?
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
You can but you can't take the actual exam online -you'd have to take it at an exam centre - why not ask your college?

Sorry for the late reply, I barely use this site and don’t know how to work it :/ But i’ve asked my college and they don’t do GCSE Science resits, only english and maths,

do you happen to know of any websites that I could take the course on? I understand that i’ll have to go to a centre to take the actual test but I’d prefer if i could take the course online :smile:
Original post by Lvnaooo
Sorry for the late reply, I barely use this site and don’t know how to work it :/ But i’ve asked my college and they don’t do GCSE Science resits, only english and maths,

do you happen to know of any websites that I could take the course on? I understand that i’ll have to go to a centre to take the actual test but I’d prefer if i could take the course online :smile:

try my-gcsescience.com - it got me through GCSE's and I ended up with two 8s and a 7 in the sciences
Reply 4
Original post by Lvnaooo

It's worth asking your college if you could take the exam there, even if they aren't teaching it. It's likely to be much the cheapest option.

Quick Reply

Latest