The Student Room Group

September 2021 intake from INDIA!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I

Original post by adamgrad
Hi,

Anyone applied for a CS PhD from India here?

I met a guy who is doing his phD in CSC. Let me know if you want to talk with him.
Original post by sujith_
Hi.
You can directly contact the professor if you know his details. The only problem is the letter head.
Ask your uni if it's okay to send them without it because of the Covid lockdown.

yes, the whole problem is the letter head.
thanks, will mail the uni soon.
Reply 42
Original post by kanupriya63
hello from another kid stuck in an adult's body
I am applying to Msc Data Science and Msc Data Analytics in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Warwick, Manchester.
Is there anyone who is facing issues in arranging the LOR's due to Covid?

Hey, so I don't think the letterhead is at all important this year. I had mailed some universities to ask if the letterhead is needed or not and they said as long as the LOR comes from the official email of the professor, a letterhead is not needed.
Original post by eshgoel
Hey, so I don't think the letterhead is at all important this year. I had mailed some universities to ask if the letterhead is needed or not and they said as long as the LOR comes from the official email of the professor, a letterhead is not needed.

That feels like a huge relief... thankyou so much :smile:
Reply 44
Well, I have an update, I ended up receiving offers from all my universities (UCL,SOAS, Sheffield, York, Nottingham) and I've decided to firm UCL and am currently deciding between SOAS & Nottingham for my insurance. Any advice would be helpful! :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by chikuu
Well, I have an update, I ended up receiving offers from all my universities (UCL,SOAS, Sheffield, York, Nottingham) and I've decided to firm UCL and am currently deciding between SOAS & Nottingham for my insurance. Any advice would be helpful! :smile:

hey congrats, when did you apply to UCL though? and what subject?
Original post by chikuu

Congratulations!🎊 I've applied to SOAS as well and it's been 6 weeks. How long did it take you to receive the decision from SOAS?
Reply 47
Original post by db7
hey congrats, when did you apply to UCL though? and what subject?

Hi! I sent all my UCAS applications off on the 14th of November and i got my offer day before yesterday. I've applied for History with a year abroad
Reply 48
Original post by schnoolettohetto
Congratulations!🎊 I've applied to SOAS as well and it's been 6 weeks. How long did it take you to receive the decision from SOAS?

Hey! I applied on the 14th of November and I got my offer around 3 to 3 and half weeks after that. It was taking quite a long time and id received no confirmation email, so i asked about this on a 2021 soas applicant thread on here and they suggested PMing SOAS on here. I did that and i got my offer the next morning before they even replied to my PM so maybe try that? I know they're a bit inactive because of Christmas and the holidays. good luck with your applications!
Hi

Congratulations to everyone with offers!!

I've applied for MA Human Rights in UoManchester. Currently a third-year student in DU. I'm a little anxious since I missed the early applications deadline and applied in the second round on 6th Jan.

Has anyone here applied for scholarships/grants/funding? Would really appreciate leads on the same.
Original post by chikuu
Hey! I applied on the 14th of November and I got my offer around 3 to 3 and half weeks after that. It was taking quite a long time and id received no confirmation email, so i asked about this on a 2021 soas applicant thread on here and they suggested PMing SOAS on here. I did that and i got my offer the next morning before they even replied to my PM so maybe try that? I know they're a bit inactive because of Christmas and the holidays. good luck with your applications!

Oh, nice! Yeah I did messaged them here and it's been 4-5 days and I've received no reply.
For what course did you apply?
Reply 52
Original post by sujith_
Thanks man. Let me know if you get into any of em. Maybe we can plan going there together.

Original post by sujith_
From the first 3.

Hey there!
Am actually looking into the University of Warwick for their Msc in cyber security management as I already have experience on the technical bit most other universities offer and wanted to focus on a managerial aspect. Would love some advice on the admission procedure!
Reply 53
Hi!
I've applied to the MSc. Human-Computer Interaction programme at UCL, and MSc. Cognitive Science at Edinburgh. Graduated with a CSE degree in 2020, and looking to get into UX Research. I've applied to a few universities in the US as well.

Both programmes will consider the applications only after the deadlines (which are in March), so I've got a loong wait ahead of me.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted and good luck to the rest of you!
Reply 54
Original post by Thima
Hey there!
Am actually looking into the University of Warwick for their Msc in cyber security management as I already have experience on the technical bit most other universities offer and wanted to focus on a managerial aspect. Would love some advice on the admission procedure!

Hi.. I applied for MS in cyber security engineering course. But the procedure is the same for both the courses.

So ask your questions, Thima.
I've applied for pharmacology, still waiting for 3 replies.
Oh, nice! Yeah I did messaged them here and it's been 4-5 days and I've received no reply.

Received my offer today!😌
Goodluck to everyone!
Received my offer today!😌
Goodluck to everyone!

Congratulations! How do you message the university here?
Original post by coffeebean2020
Congratulations! How do you message the university here?

Thank you! Better would be to email the university because they're responsive there and not message them here on TSR (SOAS student rep)because they're not responsive here.
Hey! Anyone applying to LSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending