Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Starting Aeronautical engineering in 2021 at Bristol

Has anyone received offers for Aeronautical engineering at Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aero8
Has anyone received offers for Aeronautical engineering at Bristol

I've applied for Aerospace and haven't heard anything yet. Still on hold since mid October.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Sh1vam.naik
I've applied for Aerospace and haven't heard anything yet. Still on hold since mid October.

What were your predicted grades,( if you don't mind my asking you)?
Original post by Aero8
What were your predicted grades,( if you don't mind my asking you)?

A*A*A*A (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology).
Reply 4

A*A*A*A (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology).

That's great. Have you heard from any other universities ?
Original post by Aero8

That's great. Have you heard from any other universities ?

Got rejected by Cambridge and Imperial but got offers from Southampton and Leeds!

What about you?
Reply 6
Got rejected by Cambridge and Imperial but got offers from Southampton and Leeds!

What about you?

I didn't apply to Camberidge and my application went in last week. I have been put on hold by by Bristol. I think they wait till all applications have come through. I also heard that the UCAS application deadline has been extended to end of Jan. We can't do much except wait. Good luck and stay in touch.
Original post by Aero8
I didn't apply to Camberidge and my application went in last week. I have been put on hold by by Bristol. I think they wait till all applications have come through. I also heard that the UCAS application deadline has been extended to end of Jan. We can't do much except wait. Good luck and stay in touch.

Best of luck to your other universities!
Can anyone explain the entry by transfer thing onto the related aeronautical courses? Like do we transfer on the 3rd year for example if we reach a certain%? I couldn’t find much information on it ahh.

What were ur GCSEs like?
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
What were ur GCSEs like?

I had 9 in Chemistry 9 in Biology 9 Geography 8 in Maths 8 in Physics 8 in Eng language ,7Eng literature 7 in computer 7 in Spanish and 7 in RS. I have got an offer in Glasgow today.
Original post by Aero8
I had 9 in Chemistry 9 in Biology 9 Geography 8 in Maths 8 in Physics 8 in Eng language ,7Eng literature 7 in computer 7 in Spanish and 7 in RS. I have got an offer in Glasgow today.

whoa that’s a strong set of GCSEs—Congrats on ur offer for Glasgow!!
Reply 12
whoa that’s a strong set of GCSEs—Congrats on ur offer for Glasgow!!

Thanks
What were ur GCSEs like?

Ah these are also a strong set of GCSEs!! I’m sure you’ll hear back from them soon!! Good luck:smile:
Original post by physicslover24
Can anyone explain the entry by transfer thing onto the related aeronautical courses? Like do we transfer on the 3rd year for example if we reach a certain%? I couldn’t find much information on it ahh.

Hi! I am a 2020 UoB Aerospace Engineering graduate :smile: Provided the rules haven't changed, to undertake the 4-year MEng you are required to achieve a minimum of 50%. If you miss this threshold, you will be moved onto the BEng - as it's an integrated course, you'll still take the same units and be with the same coursemates, but you will be required to graduate after 3rd year with a BEng :smile:
Original post by steph-carys
Hi! I am a 2020 UoB Aerospace Engineering graduate :smile: Provided the rules haven't changed, to undertake the 4-year MEng you are required to achieve a minimum of 50%. If you miss this threshold, you will be moved onto the BEng - as it's an integrated course, you'll still take the same units and be with the same coursemates, but you will be required to graduate after 3rd year with a BEng :smile:

O thank you! I meant to ask about the entry by transfer onto the industry year course? What are the requirements for that aha I applied for meng,,Sorry I wasn’t so clear before.
O thank you! I meant to ask about the entry by transfer onto the industry year course? What are the requirements for that aha I applied for meng,,Sorry I wasn’t so clear before.

Ah I see - the Year in Industry course doesn't have entry requirements because you are only able to transfer onto it from the MEng if your grades from previous years are high enough. As the industry year takes place in the 3rd year, I assume that they take into account both 1st and 2nd year grades. I imagine to secure a place on the scheme, you'd need to be achieving 70+ or a high 2:1 at least :smile:
Original post by steph-carys
Ah I see - the Year in Industry course doesn't have entry requirements because you are only able to transfer onto it from the MEng if your grades from previous years are high enough. As the industry year takes place in the 3rd year, I assume that they take into account both 1st and 2nd year grades. I imagine to secure a place on the scheme, you'd need to be achieving 70+ or a high 2:1 at least :smile:

O this makes much more sense ahh thank you so much! :biggrin:D
O this makes much more sense ahh thank you so much! :biggrin:D

No worries! So yeah to reiterate, if you're keen on doing a year in industry I'd recommend going for the standard MEng and working really hard in 1st and 2nd year to give yourself the best chance of landing an industry year. I know many people say 1st year doesn't count for anything, but it definitely does for Year In Industry or Year with Study Abroad :smile:

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending