The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex 4- year neuroscience PhD 2021 entry

Has anyone had any experience in applying for this specific PhD or the normal neuroscience programme?

I have the entry requirements and a masters by the time the course starts but I’m just not sure how to make my application stand out and/or what the process is like. Can anyone help/offer advice?
Original post by brightongal12
Has anyone had any experience in applying for this specific PhD or the normal neuroscience programme?

I have the entry requirements and a masters by the time the course starts but I’m just not sure how to make my application stand out and/or what the process is like. Can anyone help/offer advice?

Hello, thank you for your question.

Myself, I am still finishing my neuroscience undergraduate degree at Sussex. However, I would be happy to share any elements of my university experience, regarding either student life and/or neuroscience-specific course delivery.

Here is a link to the general guidance regarding PhD application process for neuroscience: Sussex Neuroscience PhD. It includes information about the eligibility, funding, and how to apply (including the guidance on writing the personal statement). I appreciate you may have already seen this page. Still it may be worth having a look, just in case you have not. Secondly, here is a link to the frequent questions asked about the application procedure.

If you have questions not answered on either of these web-pages, it be helpful to email those to [email protected], or alternatively [email protected] (post-application enquiries).

Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to help you with. :smile:

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student, MSci with a Year Abroad).
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by brightongal12

Hi !
I also applied to this programme. Have you heard back yet ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending