The Student Room Group

What should i do with Bio, Chem and Psych?

I'm currently in year 12, and I take Biology, Chemistry Psychology, and I'm doing my EPQ on neuroscience.

Although of course neuroscience is my first option I still want to keep them open, any suggestions on what career I can do?
I am also interested in CRISPR and Gene Editing.

Im a former art student turned STEM and i still want to keep a bit of art in my career so if anyone has any recommendations for STEM subjects which involve a bit of art...?
With Biology and Chemistry, there are a range of degree subjects you could look at - some examples :
Undergraduate | School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine | University of Bristol (scroll down for courses)
Psychology with Neuroscience BSc : University of Sussex
Natural Sciences (bath.ac.uk) (multi-disciplinary science)
BSc Genetics (2024 entry) | The University of Manchester

'With art' - more difficult, because you dont have Maths, subjects like Architecture might not be possible, but worth checking.
But Liberal Arts and Sciences might be possible - Liberal Arts and Sciences - Undergraduate Degree - Y001 - University of Birmingham
Original post by JHUEIGDNEJ
I'm currently in year 12, and I take Biology, Chemistry Psychology, and I'm doing my EPQ on neuroscience.
Although of course neuroscience is my first option I still want to keep them open, any suggestions on what career I can do?
I am also interested in CRISPR and Gene Editing.
Im a former art student turned STEM and i still want to keep a bit of art in my career so if anyone has any recommendations for STEM subjects which involve a bit of art...?

It may sound weird but maybe look into dentistry. Watch some dentistry students vlogs on youtube to get an idea of what they do but I'd say that's a more 'arty' science. It involves a lot of modelling and things like that which might appeal to you. Not sure about genetic based sciences being related to art though 🙁

Quick Reply

Latest