The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Do KCL give contextual offers?

I got my A level results already so I’ll be applying with my grades obtained instead of predicted. Does kings give contextual offers. I heard they give it if you are in there program, but if you haven’t been in it before can they still give a contextual offer? Applying for Law btw
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do try xxx
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by SZ159
I got my A level results already so I’ll be applying with my grades obtained instead of predicted. Does kings give contextual offers. I heard they give it if you are in there program, but if you haven’t been in it before can they still give a contextual offer? Applying for Law btw

They do if the following admissions doc is up to date. Section 8.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/assets/PDF/admissions/Undergraduate-Admissions-Policy.pdf

Sounds like it may only apply to certain courses though, so you should probably contact them to check.

Do you not meet the standard offer with your achieved grades?
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
They do if the following admissions doc is up to date. Section 8.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/assets/PDF/admissions/Undergraduate-Admissions-Policy.pdf

Sounds like it may only apply to certain courses though, so you should probably contact them to check.

Do you not meet the standard offer with your achieved grades?

Unfortunately not I am off by a grade, they require A* A A, I do have an A* and an A but didn’t couldn’t get an A in my 3rd subject, was wondering if they did contextual grades, perhaps I may get a lower offer. I have heard some people have gotten lower offers before but figured I’d post to double check. I’ll try contacting them, thanks for the reply
Reply 4
I want to study Law at kings, i would like to know if they did get back to you about the contextual offer?
Yes, yes they do
Reply 6
Original post by bored_user:)
Yes, yes they do

What do they look at, the schools you’ve been to?
Original post by Uni234

yes and where you live.. also your family income etc.
Original post by Uni234

I don't think they disclose the exact markers they look at but it is summarised here:

"After applying, King’s automatically receives several pieces of educational, socio-economic and geodemographic data from UCAS and other datasets. These may be used as part of the holistic assessment of an applicant’s potential to succeed at King’s. This data also includes any disclosure by applicants of time in care or involvement in widening participation activities."
Me and my friend both received offers from king’s and it said that we’re eligible for a contextual offer... although neither of us fit in to any of the typical contextual criteria, is it possible they made a mistake? should we call them or just leave it? any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my friend both received offers from king’s and it said that we’re eligible for a contextual offer... although neither of us fit in to any of the typical contextual criteria, is it possible they made a mistake? should we call them or just leave it? any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Leave it lol😂😂😂 because they don’t just look at the criteria mentioned on the website they look at other factors aswell such as school performance and everything. I doubt they made a mistake.
Reply 11
I have a question, I’ve applied for pharmacy at kcl in October. I still haven’t had a response. Are they taking slower because of contextual offer.
Reply 12

No way for what course and what were your predictions? I’d say if you already meet the entry requirements call them up and explain but if you don’t appreciate the blessing. Congratulations on your offer btw!!
Original post by Uni234
I have a question, I’ve applied for pharmacy at kcl in October. I still haven’t had a response. Are they taking slower because of contextual offer.

No, that won’t make any difference to the decision time. Ultimately they have until May to get back to you.
Original post by Uni234
Leave it lol😂😂😂 because they don’t just look at the criteria mentioned on the website they look at other factors aswell such as school performance and everything. I doubt they made a mistake.

that’s true but our school’s performance is pretty good and we don’t wanna find out later that they’ve made a mistake yno... although asking them about it also seems risky 😅
Reply 15
No, that won’t make any difference to the decision time. Ultimately they have until May to get back to you.

Do you think it’s a sign of rejection or they are just taking their time.
Original post by Uni234
Do you think it’s a sign of rejection or they are just taking their time.

Depending on the course they may not even start making decisions until jan 29th. It’s not a sign of rejection. If you’ve heard nothing you are still in the running.
Reply 17
Depending on the course they may not even start making decisions until jan 29th. It’s not a sign of rejection. If you’ve heard nothing you are still in the running.

Ok thanks so much. They’ve started making offers for my course but I’m just gonna be patient. I’ve heard kcl can be a bit slow aswell

Did you ever find out why you two were eligible?
Reply 19
I’m in the same position as you, and yes they do give out contextual offers, received mine a few days ago for pharmacy.

Quick Reply

Latest