The Student Room Group

Applying for biochem with aab

hi i am planning on applying to birmingham, lancaster, east anglia, kcl, and southampton with aab. i am eligible for contextual offer, but kcl is asking for aaa but with contextual it is aac, but im still not sure if getting an aab is a disadvantage for me
thank u
Reply 1
Original post by frostedfaries
with contextual it is aac, but im still not sure if getting an aab is a disadvantage for me

1) Have you checked each Uni for their contextual offer criteria - not all Uni are the same.
2) What do you mean - "getting an aab is a disadvantage for me"?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
1) Have you checked each Uni for their contextual offer criteria - not all Uni are the same.
2) What do you mean - "getting an aab is a disadvantage for me"?

yes i have all these unis i am eligible, sorry about my wording, so kcl is a very competitive uni with low acceptance rate, will they favour someone with a higher grade than me despite me having contextual
If your entitled to a contextual offer that is what the university looks at. The idea of a contextual offer is not to disadvantage students because of their background and education so no you wont be disadvantaged . That isnt the same as saying you will definitely get an offer.
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
If your entitled to a contextual offer that is what the university looks at. The idea of a contextual offer is not to disadvantage students because of their background and education so no you wont be disadvantaged . That isnt the same as saying you will definitely get an offer.

thank u, do u think these unis r a good choice or r they too competitve (as in should i take one out for a uni with lower grade requirments
thank u, do u think these unis r a good choice or r they too competitve (as in should i take one out for a uni with lower grade requirments

That is entirely your choice dependent on how confident you are of getting the grades. However Biochem isnt overly competitive and some of these universities are likely to accept a dropped grade so I think you should be fine. As a last resort you will have clearing if your grades fall.
hi i am planning on applying to birmingham, lancaster, east anglia, kcl, and southampton with aab. i am eligible for contextual offer, but kcl is asking for aaa but with contextual it is aac, but im still not sure if getting an aab is a disadvantage for me
thank u

Hi @frostedfaries

I think you should be able to get an offer with at least some of the universities you are considering, if you are worried maybe try to choose a selection of universities with a range of grade requirements. I currently study biochemistry at Lancaster and love it, so let me know if you have any questions about the course/life here! :smile:

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending