The Student Room Group

Home Office - Single Competent Authority Decision-maker

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Silverstar72
Hi I had an interview for this too a few weeks back, how did everyone’s interview go? Fingers crossed!

I just ran out of time for one example but did say most of what I wanted to say so still hopeful considering there are lots of roles. Hope we don't have to wait until 31st December to hear back.
I was not expecting them to ask me questions which were the same competencies in the advert ?
Original post by blauteufel
I just ran out of time for one example but did say most of what I wanted to say so still hopeful considering there are lots of roles. Hope we don't have to wait until 31st December to hear back.

I’m sure you done great! I was really nervous and didn’t fit everything in that I wanted to say, my mind kept going blank. Me too I hope we find out soon I keep checking my emails Incase.
Hi anyone had any feedback
Original post by Jobseeker247
Hi anyone had any feedback

Yes! I received a provisional offer today!
Has anyone else heard back?
I received a provisional offer too! yay!! i'm Newcastle office
Reply 26
Has anyone heard back from Cardiff?
Any idea how long vetting is likely to take? I accepted the provisional offer on 21-12-20.
i had an email yesterday to send through my documentation-accepted my offer the same day as you x
Reply 29
Hi guys is the interview a pre recorded interview? Or is there someone on the other side asking you questions. Also does anyone remember what questions they got asked? Would appreciate it thanks!
Reply 30
Hi guys, I'm going to apply for a position in Glasgow. Has anyone got any tips for the CV/personal statement?
Reply 31
Original post by Ejjjr
Hi guys, I'm going to apply for a position in Glasgow. Has anyone got any tips for the CV/personal statement?

Hello there....just make sure you use success profiles for the behaviour part of the application and use the STAR model. Personal statement should also include examples as per requirement on the job advert so be specific. Good luck :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Iam08LC
Hi guys is the interview a pre recorded interview? Or is there someone on the other side asking you questions. Also does anyone remember what questions they got asked? Would appreciate it thanks!

See my first reply re: interview above. :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 33
Has anyone had a formal offer yet? My security checks are still ongoing and accepted the job end of December?
Reply 34
Original post by Sac2021
Yes, it is a pre-recorded interview via launchpad app. If it's three behaviours then 3 main questions and 3 strength questions so in total 6 questions. For main behaviour questions, practise your answer to last 4 minutes and for strength based around 3 minutes. At the beginning of the interview you will be given a practise question....also in the beginning you are told it's around 11-12 questions but don't be fazed as they also include showing your various documents as part of the questions....it will only be 6 in total if three behaviours...and use the STAR model. Good luck! p.s the questions will be only to do with the behaviours asked in the advert and you can find loads of examples on the Internet. Mine was back in November so don't remember much as was in a daze...

This is super helpful! Thank you so much for sharing!
Reply 35
Original post by Sac2021
Sorry new here so can't reply to a dm. Strength questions..hhhmmm...let me think...
OK, I was asked about why I want to join the civil service as a practice question and this is not scored, anything recent I have done that I am proud of AND what do I do when I make mistakes and how do I feel? Also what do I enjoy doing in my spare time.... :biggrin: Now let me think if I can jog my memory to post about the behaviour questions....it's all coming back to me like a nightmare...uuggghhh

😅😅 behaviour questions will be on the behaviours given on hun advert. Strength normally a bit more difficult 😣
Reply 36
Original post by Sac2021
Yup....behaviour questions were not too bad but strength ones you have think on the feet and come across as natural. Making effective decisions was describe a time when you have to make a difficult decision....communication and influencing was describe a time when you had to communicate something important to a group of individuals and how you dealt with it...Delivering at pace was describe a time when you had to meet a tight deadline....this is off the top of my head and me going in to traumatised part of my brain....I have a migraine now so I am off....Again good luck...

Thanks you! Legend 😁💪🏼
Original post by Sac2021
Accepted my informal offer 21.12.20, all checks completed except for security checks. Apparently you should receive a link to create an account on NSV portal, fill out the form for CTC checks and then wait 4-6weeks for checks to clear and then get a formal offer if you pass. Me thinks start date will be around in May/June time. FYI still waiting for my NSV link so fingers crossed. :smile:

I also accepted my provisional offer around the same time. I received an email in early Feb telling me to submit my security questionnaire. I submitted it on the NSV website on the same day and it is currently showing as Completed. I've received no further communication yet, however.
Original post by HappyFugu11
I also accepted my provisional offer around the same time. I received an email in early Feb telling me to submit my security questionnaire. I submitted it on the NSV website on the same day and it is currently showing as Completed. I've received no further communication yet, however.

I also accepted my offer on 21-12-20. I’ve never been asked to submit a security questionnaire... the civil service jobs account still says ‘pre employment checks’. Not sure what the delay is to be honest, I’ve provided them with everything they have asked for so far. Very frustrating
Original post by Sac2021
Accepted my informal offer 21.12.20, all checks completed except for security checks. Apparently you should receive a link to create an account on NSV portal, fill out the form for CTC checks and then wait 4-6weeks for checks to clear and then get a formal offer if you pass. Me thinks start date will be around in May/June time. FYI still waiting for my NSV link so fingers crossed. :smile:

Hi, just wondering where you found out about the process described above? I’m totally in the dark about next steps, or timescales! I did email ho recruitment and got a very generic response, saying they can’t say how long process will take. I’m thinking I should have emailed the pre employment checks email address instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending