The Student Room Group

I am applying for my first NQT job in primary school! Any adivce?

My university has not given me much support in applying for jobs yet and I have found a really good school I want to apply for. Any advice? Especially the personal statement aspect.
Thank you!
Original post by natho490
My university has not given me much support in applying for jobs yet and I have found a really good school I want to apply for. Any advice? Especially the personal statement aspect.
Thank you!

Talk to your mentor, hopefully they will have some good advice and can maybe give you an insight into the reputation of schools in your local area.

My main advice for the letter of application is:

- have a careful look through the school's website / any documents they have relating to their ethos / recent Ofsted inspections and use this information to tailor what you write to the school. For example, if you see that there's a specific area they are focusing on, you can explain how you are strong in that area. Or if there's something that really appeals to you about the school's atmosphere / ethos, you can mention that as a reason you want to work there and think you would fit in well

and

- focus on concrete things in your letter, try not to waffle. Rather than saying you work well with EAL students, give a specific example of a way that you have supported EAL students in your placement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending