The Student Room Group

Is this normal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it. Is it something you would recommend me going to see my gp for?

Just for a bit of context I was an early bloomer getting my period at 11 and I’ve stopped growing now too, I’m also on the fatter side.

If the hair growth is sudden, or if you have witnessed more symptoms along with the hair growth, then you definitely should!
I don't think it is much to worry about now, but if it gets worse I would consult with a doctor. I hope this helped
Is there anyone else in ur family who’s as hairy as u? Bc if there are (regardless of gender!) then probably not unless ur really concerned...

Well my mum doesn’t and I’ve grown up quite similar to her. The rest of my family are boys and I honestly don’t know what’s considered as overly hairy for them but I wouldn’t say they’re overly hairy either
Original post by KMR5103
If the hair growth is sudden, or if you have witnessed more symptoms along with the hair growth, then you definitely should!

What sort of symptoms?
Original post by oiv141178
I don't think it is much to worry about now, but if it gets worse I would consult with a doctor. I hope this helped

Ok thanks. I’ve had it for a few years now so I may go to my gp. Kinda embarrassed tho
I’ve tried getting my upper lip threaded and it makes me (unintentionally!) cry...
But epilating tbh doesn’t feel painful to me anymore and over the yrs the hair has gotten sparser too!
But the pain depends on the length of the hair in my experience... the longer the hair, the more painful so I epilate once a week...
Also with the facial wax strips I only use them when I’ve left my moustache for a few months... otherwise I use a facial epilator bc it gets smaller hairs out than waxing :smile:

ah i see. I thought it was so painful since it plucks the hair one by one whereas waxing just rips it off one time. Thank youuuu
What sort of symptoms?

Change in your menstrual cycle, weight, curves, mood, skin behaviour or maybe increased sensitivity or mood swings. Anything that could be affected by your hormones.
It's ok :smile:. Its nothing to be embarrassed of
Original post by KMR5103
Change in your menstrual cycle, weight, curves, mood, skin behaviour or maybe increased sensitivity or mood swings. Anything that could be affected by your hormones.

What do you mean by curves?
Ok thanks. I’ve had it for a few years now so I may go to my gp. Kinda embarrassed tho

don’t be embarrassed, your GP are there for any problems, regardless how minor or major they are trust me, they’ve seen it all :smile:
I personally think the hair growth is normal but if it is bothering/worrying you, getting it checked would be a good idea.
What do you mean by curves?

By curves I mean gaining some hip mass or a cup size...nevertheless, please do not feel shy about it!

Trust me, it is more normal than you’d think.
Original post by KMR5103
By curves I mean gaining some hip mass or a cup size...nevertheless, please do not feel shy about it!

Trust me, it is more normal than you’d think.

Oh right I see thanks.

I’ve also looked into pcos but I don’t have any other symptoms so I’m not too sure. Still don’t know whether to go to my gp. Worried that they’ll say something about my weight too
I think you should go if you think you really need to
Original post by oiv141178
I think you should go if you think you really need to

Yh I probably should. Too embarrassed and nervous too though
Oh right I see thanks.

I’ve also looked into pcos but I don’t have any other symptoms so I’m not too sure. Still don’t know whether to go to my gp. Worried that they’ll say something about my weight too

I think it’s better to visit a GP if you’re that concerned than to live in dark.
Original post by KMR5103
I think it’s better to visit a GP if you’re that concerned than to live in dark.

yeah I agree
Original post by KMR5103

Yh probably. Like I said too embarrassed tho and worried they’ll say something about me being overweight
Yh probably. Like I said too embarrassed tho and worried they’ll say something about me being overweight

Unless your weight concerns your health, they won’t. Don’t be scared.
Original post by KMR5103
Unless your weight concerns your health, they won’t. Don’t be scared.

It does though that’s why I’m reluctant to go
It does though that’s why I’m reluctant to go

It sounds like u understand that ur weight is harming ur health... maybe u should try to do smth abt it?

Either way, ur doctor isn’t going to be rude or condescending abt it, they’ll just make a suggestion if they think smth needs to be done abt it. Dw!

Quick Reply

Latest