The Student Room Group

Social sciences BA at King’s College London

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone else has applied to this course (2021) and also if you’re a student studying this course already, what are your opinions on it? (I haven’t heard much discussion about this course, I think it’s relatively new)

Also, I haven’t received a response yet and I applied in November. How long do they usually take?

Any info would help hahah
Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Nicolehinckley
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone else has applied to this course (2021) and also if you’re a student studying this course already, what are your opinions on it? (I haven’t heard much discussion about this course, I think it’s relatively new)

Also, I haven’t received a response yet and I applied in November. How long do they usually take?

Any info would help hahah
Thank you.

Hey have u got an offer? I didn’t. They offered me Religion, Politics and Society instead. Really upset
Original post by MX11221
Hey have u got an offer? I didn’t. They offered me Religion, Politics and Society instead. Really upset

Hey,
I haven’t heard back from them yet. It’s really weird that they’ve put you on that course because they are both the same grade requirements. Maybe the course is really full this year but they still liked your application? Did they give a reason why they have offered you a different course?
Reply 3
Hey,
I haven’t heard back from them yet. It’s really weird that they’ve put you on that course because they are both the same grade requirements. Maybe the course is really full this year but they still liked your application? Did they give a reason why they have offered you a different course?

They said that competition for places on BA Social Sciences was high and that my application was not as strong as others received. I am probably gonna call up admissions once I get all of my offers in.
What were your predicted grades if you don’t mind me asking for that to happen? I also applied and have not heard back yet.
Original post by JosephHachache
What were your predicted grades if you don’t mind me asking for that to happen? I also applied and have not heard back yet.

I already have an A* in sociology and an A in Business from last year (I was homeschooled) but this year I’m sitting a level Psychology (homeschooled again so I’m not sure what my predicted grade is) but at college I’m also doing a level 3 in Art and Design and predicted D*D*.
I already have an A* in sociology and an A in Business from last year (I was homeschooled) but this year I’m sitting a level Psychology (homeschooled again so I’m not sure what my predicted grade is) but at college I’m also doing a level 3 in Art and Design and predicted D*D*.

That’s amazing, really unfortunate that happened :-(
That’s amazing, really unfortunate that happened :-(

Oh you were asking the other person haha I still haven’t heard back yet
Oh you were asking the other person haha I still haven’t heard back yet

Oh 😫 sorry for the mix-up, I’m sure you will get the offer!
Original post by MX11221

I've got an offer for Religion, Politics and Society, but I applied for that xx
Reply 10
Are you happy about it?

This is so worrying. I also applied with 2 a levels (A in Sociology and a B in English Lit/Lang). I’m retaking Economics with an A* prediction. I thought this made my application stronger :frown:. Kings is my first choice aswell I haven’t heard anything back
Original post by Tdavidsonxo
This is so worrying. I also applied with 2 a levels (A in Sociology and a B in English Lit/Lang). I’m retaking Economics with an A* prediction. I thought this made my application stronger :frown:. Kings is my first choice aswell I haven’t heard anything back

Yer I know how you feel I still haven’t heard anything back :frown: I don’t know why but I have a strange feeling that I might hear back today so keep refreshing my kings apply haha 😭 I just want to know if I’m in or not at this point so at least I can plan what my next step is
I applied with the same predictions as you still have not heard back. It seems like the offer release will at the same date for all students.
I applied with the same predictions as you still have not heard back. It seems like the offer release will at the same date for all students.

This is what I was thinking until a guy replied to me in the King’s College London applicant group on Facebook and private messaged me saying he received his offer for social sciences in January so idk 😭
Original post by penguinnn1111
I've got an offer for Religion, Politics and Society, but I applied for that xx

i applied for that but still have not heard back :frown:
I just got rejected
I just got rejected

same. I literally don’t get how my application wasn’t strong enough when I already have my a levels
I just got rejected too, can an appeal really work?
Original post by sdfergsfferwgfd
I just got rejected too, can an appeal really work?

What’s an appeal? How do I go about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending