The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i feel so bad even looking at someone in a test i dont know why but im failing so bad
Not saying cheating in tests is not happening... but how is this relevant to rels??
Reply 3
Original post by candydiva
Not saying cheating in tests is not happening... but how is this relevant to rels??

came in the thread by accident idk why
Reply 4
please stop cheating everyone im begging you all :frown: i know you wont listen but think of those who revise ... i stay up on school days till 3/4 trying to get good grades but you lot just get it handed to you and cheat
Honestly feel TSR need to make a stricter policy on cheating, get more volunteers maybe, ban the use of links, censor certain words. I literally found a thread that had been going on for over a month where people were asking for papers, some were selling them via e-mails, discord and dms, and no one had done anything about it until I notified someone from the volunteering team and reported their posts.

The main thing is to report posts and @ one of the volunteering members. It's the only way to get the problem less bad.
Reply 6
Original post by wokirow
Honestly feel TSR need to make a stricter policy on cheating, get more volunteers maybe, ban the use of links, censor certain words. I literally found a thread that had been going on for over a month where people were asking for papers and no one had done anything about it until I notified someone from the volunteering team and reported their posts.

The main thing is to report posts and @ one of the volunteering members. It's the only way to get the problem less bad.

yes exactly, ive been reporting but i cant do all of them theres over 100's of them and more and more are being made.
Its so annoying i feel so dumb for getting stupid grades despite revising for so long :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
im sick of it i havent cheated at all and everyones getting higher im going to fail and everyones getting 9's and 8's and im getting 5's :frown:

imagine how sus it would be going from 5 to 9
yes exactly, ive been reporting but i cant do all of them theres over 100's of them and more and more are being made.
Its so annoying i feel so dumb for getting stupid grades despite revising for so long :frown:

One thing I personally don't get is how these people even get good grades lol. Like how do they know what paper they're going to get? There's so many possible options that can be chosen, they're literally gambling away their whole lives, whilst also ruining everyone else's.
Reply 9
Original post by the_pharaoh
imagine how sus it would be going from 5 to 9

im not going to cheat i just cant i feel disgusting :frown: and a lot of people went from 3's to 9's
They’re only cheating themselves because the jokes on them when the exam boards release new papers with no previous mark schemes.

That grade 9 will go straight down to grade 4.
Original post by wokirow
One thing I personally don't get is how these people even get good grades lol. Like how do they know what paper they're going to get? There's so many possible options that can be chosen, they're literally gambling away their whole lives, whilst also ruining everyone else's.

everyone knows 2019/2020 papers will be used and im so stressed i just wnat to do good and go college :frown: yeah exactly but most of the time its the right paper they thought it was...
Original post by CaptainDuckie
They’re only cheating themselves because the jokes on them when the exam boards release new papers with no previous mark schemes.

aren't they releasing papers at the end of this month or something? At least for A levels. I vaguely remember one of my teachers saying that.
Original post by CaptainDuckie

yeah but most 2019 papers have been used..... and people have already cheated and got 9s and stuff and i didnt cheat and i got 5 in bio, 6 in chem and 9 in physics and my teacher accused me of cheating even though i told her i didnt but the majority of the class did so thats most liekly why
everyone knows 2019/2020 papers will be used and im so stressed i just wnat to do good and go college :frown: yeah exactly but most of the time its the right paper they thought it was...

There is no guarantee of those papers actually being used. They can get mini-exams which can contain questions never seen before. Which is why there's no point in doing all this tom-foolery of wasting time over finding papers, selling them, and just being silly overall.

Also, going to be honest, GCSE's won't matter too much in terms of college, more so in how competitive you'll be compared to other candidates when applying for uni, depending on the course and uni you apply for.
(edited 3 years ago)

Idk if this is the same for GCSEs but exam boards do the papers like 3 years in advance or something. They most likely already have papers. I believe (at least for A levels) most people are being tested this month (using 2019/2020 papers) and then around 31st of march new papers are being released for people to be tested on (mini exams). So, peoples grades hopefully will drop. I know it is frustrating and i am upset as well tbh but i think if their grades arent matching to previous work then they hopefully won't end up with the top grades.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by wokirow
There is no guarantee of those papers actually being used. They can get mini-exams which can contain questions never seen before. Which is why there's no point in doing all this tom-foolery of wasting time over finding papers, selling them, and just being silly overall.

yeah true.. does anyone know when the mini exams are coming out?
yeah true.. does anyone know when the mini exams are coming out?

No. And maybe it should be kept that way.
Original post by something_orphic
Idk if this is the same for GCSEs but exam boards do the papers like 3 years in advance or something. They most likely already have papers. I believe (at least for A levels) most people are being tested this month (using 2019/2020 papers) and then on the 31st of march new papers are being released for people to be tested on (mini exams). So, peoples grades hopefully will drop. I know it is frustrating and i am upset as well tbh but i think if their grades arent matching to previous work then they hopefully won't end up with the top grades.

hopefully ive been revising so much and if it all goes down the drain ill just cry i wish exams were happening
Original post by wokirow
No. And maybe it should be kept that way.

why? id like to know tbh

Latest