The Student Room Group

Man u V Leicester

Sorry for this rant but
Ole out now, right now, i'm actually gonna lose it.
Fred was atrocious, Martial was missing, i could go on, and why is Matic still allowed to play??
But, i dont blame the players, its the manager who starts the wrong 11 in every single knockout competition (in the later stages). does he not learn from his mistakes? Happened throughout last season, mark my words, we're not winning Europa this year, no way. And what pisses me off the most is..omdz is this guy blind??? We were playing horribly in 1st half, so i thought he's defo gotta make a change at the beginning of the 2nd, but no, so i wait, maybe at 55, BUT NO, he waits till the 60/65min to make his changes WHEN WE'VE BEEN PLAYING BADLY FROM MINUITE 1!!! He ALWAYS does this, ALWAYS making late changes. I can't do this anymore, why the hell do i get my hopes up for winning a trophy when we have this WASTEMAN as a manager, get him out now or i'm actually gonna lose it.
3-1 😰 f*cking hell i was gonna cry 😣
Reply 2
Original post by ruqaiyahhhx
3-1 😰 f*cking hell i was gonna cry 😣

Same, its mixed emotions rn, angry and sad
I cried v rbl tho
Reply 3
And not cos of this, its cos its been happening every single year under ole, every time i think its gonna change, we get knocked out cos of the same mistakes we made last season and the season before. Only this time it was at an earlier stage which is even worse
Leicester outplayed them today. They obviously wanted it more
Reply 5
Original post by Kelivesy
Leicester outplayed them today. They obviously wanted it more

Yep, but Leicester played well cos we were terrible
wallahi ole is a flipping pe coach fam. the don kept fred the fraud on for 84 MINS!! ffs man i honestly give up on this team.
ivorian doll>teezandos
Reply 8
Original post by SomaliBoy
wallahi ole is a flipping pe coach fam. the don kept fred the fraud on for 84 MINS!! ffs man i honestly give up on this team.

IK, worst game for fred by farrrr
i get so annoyed when he brings on some random young player in the last few mins like what do u expect them to do, score a hatrick???
Reply 9
ivorian doll>teezandos

😂😂 1st person here who gets my name
yea ivd's waaay better

not her stuff but
Unknown chop, v9 chop..

Have u ever been snaked my a friend and just for the clout they do it again
icl i dont follow girls beef that much lol.
swear its was between missrfabulous, ivd and some other girl?

snaking in general is wet bro
Reply 11
icl i dont follow girls beef that much lol.
swear its was between missrfabulous, ivd and some other girl?

snaking in general is wet bro

yea and abigail
nah the snaking part is in one of her songs

how old are u
Original post by TeeZandos
yea and abigail
nah the snaking part is in one of her songs

how old are u

16 yr11
Sorry for this rant but
Ole out now, right now, i'm actually gonna lose it.
Fred was atrocious, Martial was missing, i could go on, and why is Matic still allowed to play??
But, i dont blame the players, its the manager who starts the wrong 11 in every single knockout competition (in the later stages). does he not learn from his mistakes? Happened throughout last season, mark my words, we're not winning Europa this year, no way. And what pisses me off the most is..omdz is this guy blind??? We were playing horribly in 1st half, so i thought he's defo gotta make a change at the beginning of the 2nd, but no, so i wait, maybe at 55, BUT NO, he waits till the 60/65min to make his changes WHEN WE'VE BEEN PLAYING BADLY FROM MINUITE 1!!! He ALWAYS does this, ALWAYS making late changes. I can't do this anymore, why the hell do i get my hopes up for winning a trophy when we have this WASTEMAN as a manager, get him out now or i'm actually gonna lose it.

I'm mad too but, let's be reasonable.

Making FOUR changes at around the 60' is quite early (considering the players out there would've had 15mins rest), plus he brought on Pogba at halt time vs AC Milan.

Overall I agree Matic is past it, but I don't think we were underestimating Leicester. McT, Bruno, Shaw, etc. must have been rested to prioritise the league. I'm not saying we shouldn't be challenging for the FA cup but if we can't rely on stand-ins such as Matic, Tony, VDB, Telles then that's not really Ole's fault. It's about rotation (look at City), you can say some aren't good enough but they certainly won't be any better if they don't get to play at all.

Think of Ole leaving, I think we are finally building up to something again and could only get on board with 'Ole out' if someone really class was available. Your Peps or... idk, is there anyone bar Pep that is guaranteed to bring success? Look at what happened with Jose and veteran LVG. We'd be in disrepute if we lost Ole and in no better position.

Big picture. We are playing better football than we have over the past 7-8 years, have a good overall squad, getting to semis and finals; beating the likes of Liverpool and City; and improving our Premier League position.

Is this where I want us to end up? Strive for? No. Is it progress to the goals we want? Yes.
Original post by Chichaldo

Making FOUR changes at around the 60' is quite early (considering the players out there would've had 15mins rest), plus he brought on Pogba at halt time vs AC Milan.

Overall I agree Matic is past it, but I don't think we were underestimating Leicester. McT, Bruno, Shaw, etc. must have been rested to prioritise the league. I'm not saying we shouldn't be challenging for the FA cup but if we can't rely on stand-ins such as Matic, Tony, VDB, Telles then that's not really Ole's fault. It's about rotation (look at City), you can say some aren't good enough but they certainly won't be any better if they don't get to play at all.

Think of Ole leaving, I think we are finally building up to something again and could only get on board with 'Ole out' if someone really class was available. Your Peps or... idk, is there anyone bar Pep that is guaranteed to bring success? Look at what happened with Jose and veteran LVG. We'd be in disrepute if we lost Ole and in no better position.

Big picture. We are playing better football than we have over the past 7-8 years, have a good overall squad, getting to semis and finals; beating the likes of Liverpool and City; and improving our Premier League position.

Is this where I want us to end up? Strive for? No. Is it progress to the goals we want? Yes.

ngl we should've taken pochetino when he was a free man, not this norweigan fraud
ngl we should've taken pochetino when he was a free man, not this norweigan fraud

A fair point, I probably agree, but what more has he achieved vs Ole? Getting to semis and finals with less money and slightly more attractive football (we have put in great performances as well). I'm not sure we'd be in a much better position with Poch. Let's see if he wins the CL with PSG.

Not sure if Ole is a fraud, don't think anyone claimed he was the world's best manager. He has United DNA and that is the direction I think everyone wanted to go in, we're getting more ex-pros and experience in and around the team. He's a young coach, I'd say he is improving and learning whilst progressing this United team as well.
A fair point, I probably agree, but what more has he achieved vs Ole? Getting to semis and finals with less money and slightly more attractive football (we have put in great performances as well). I'm not sure we'd be in a much better position with Poch. Let's see if he wins the CL with PSG.

Not sure if Ole is a fraud, don't think anyone claimed he was the world's best manager. He has United DNA and that is the direction I think everyone wanted to go in, we're getting more ex-pros and experience in and around the team. He's a young coach, I'd say he is improving and learning whilst progressing this United team as well.

He is 48 years old and has been a manager for 10 years, I wouldn't classify that as a young coach. I don't think Pochettino would have done a lot better (though I reckon he would have atleast made you more competitive in the cups and the league title) but that's more to do with your how your club is run really, a serial PL title winner in Mourinho couldn't win the league with United and at best managed a EL and a league cup win.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
16 yr11

oh im 17

I get where ur coming from, and what u just said is why i sometimes sway between ole in/out

Yea, pogba was brought in at HT, but you and i both know plenty of occassions where he's made a sub so late into the game when we're playing badly. Nah i don't think it was early, at least 2 of them should of been changed at HT, especially Fred and Martial

Do you remember the semi against chelsea last season? He started the weakest team, not even Fernandes was on the lineup (it was 3-1 to them) Does he even take these finals seriously? Cos to me it seems he doesnt, yea we rested players in the chelsea match, but we ended up playing so badly and drawing to WHU the following week ( who were 17th at the time i think)

Surely he must be held accountable for the tactical mistakes he makes, which seem to always happen in the big games. How can someone get to semis 4/5 times and still not get through at least one. I'm still shocked he took off Pogba instead of Martial

We need a better bench 100%. Ole must be blamed partialy for this, i.e. the Donny situation

But yes, i understand, we've been better than we have for ages, and im not disputing that. But it hurts so much to get to the same point every time but not pass it, and thats whats worrying.
Original post by samir12
He is 48 years old and has been a manager for 10 years, I wouldn't classify that as a young coach. I don't think Pochettino would have done a lot better (though I reckon he would have atleast made you more competitive in the cups and the league title) but that's more to do with your how your club is run really, a serial PL title winner in Mourinho couldn't win the league with United and at best managed a EL and a league cup win.

I'd still say he is only now leaving the 'beginning' phase of his career, I suppose he's not really young though.

I would've taken Poch. I don't see who we could take now who would be better for us though.

I've never been Ole's biggest fan, as you've rightly said though, Mourinho and LVG couldn't get more out of arguably better players in some areas.
oh im 17

I get where ur coming from, and what u just said is why i sometimes sway between ole in/out

Yea, pogba was brought in at HT, but you and i both know plenty of occassions where he's made a sub so late into the game when we're playing badly. Nah i don't think it was early, at least 2 of them should of been changed at HT, especially Fred and Martial

Do you remember the semi against chelsea last season? He started the weakest team, not even Fernandes was on the lineup (it was 3-1 to them) Does he even take these finals seriously? Cos to me it seems he doesnt, yea we rested players in the chelsea match, but we ended up playing so badly and drawing to WHU the following week ( who were 17th at the time i think)

Surely he must be held accountable for the tactical mistakes he makes, which seem to always happen in the big games. How can someone get to semis 4/5 times and still not get through at least one. I'm still shocked he took off Pogba instead of Martial

We need a better bench 100%. Ole must be blamed partialy for this, i.e. the Donny situation

But yes, i understand, we've been better than we have for ages, and im not disputing that. But it hurts so much to get to the same point every time but not pass it, and thats whats worrying.

A lot of good points, I think it comes down to the fact that there's not really a solid alternative out there. Whilst we are on an upwards trajectory (improving in leagues finishes season on season and have decent cup runs) then I think Ole's our best bet and should be backed. It will be interesting to see next season as the only way to beat our 2nd finish is to win the PL.

Re Donny, sometimes transfers just don't work out. Still early doors, either way, he could be well integrated into the side next season. His direct competition in the squad is Bruno, I don't think anyone can argue that Donny should be starting more ahead of Bruno. If anything, Donny played every FA cup game (and so played vs Leicester), it's just not working out right now.

He's not a sitting midfielder, even Pogba isn't really as a two. Matic, McT and Fred are our only real CMs who fit into that position in our system atm. I think Pogba playing in that role is a liability defensively and it isn't Donny's game to play their either. Where does that leave us? Donny only playing the odd game in Bruno's absence and Pogba playing out on the left. Maybe we need to look at the 4-3-3 again, but even then, with Bruno in the side that central offensive midfielder spot is already occupied.

I have never been convinced of Ole tactically, but he has got some big results in his time that have proved me wrong. For now, I don't think we have enough of a reason to boot him.

Quick Reply

Latest