The Student Room Group

DWP - Dispute Resolution Service Case Manager

Hi all,

I recently applied for the Dispute Resolution Service Case Manager role in both Birmingham and Wales and have received an interview for the position in Wales. No update on Birmingham at the moment but I'm hopeful!

Has anyone gone through the pre-recorded interview at all? I've seen on the work coach threads about the interview but assumed this would be slightly different and not to rely on that information.

Any assistance for preparation or general info on the format of the interview would be brilliant :biggrin:

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump.

Have 2 interviews for this role in different locations, would appreciate some help :frown:

The email I received with the interview link provides nothing in terms of formatting or advice.
Hi, I've been told that they ask about the Behaviours/ Competencies that you wrote for your application, so you just talk about what you have already written and expand a little. You get 30 seconds to prepare your answer and then 3 minutes to answer. I have been recording myself going through each of my behaviour examples to make sure I hit all the important parts. They then ask 2-3 Strength based questions. You will find a booklet on these on the Civil Service website and this explains which Strengths match each Behaviours and gives definitions of each. I have just highlighted each Strength to match each Behaviour and wrote some bullet points of examples of how I show this Strength. I think you get time to prepare for these questions also but I think you only get 2 minutes to record your answer. Hope this helps. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by username5676654
Hi, I've been told that they ask about the Behaviours/ Competencies that you wrote for your application, so you just talk about what you have already written and expand a little. You get 30 seconds to prepare your answer and then 3 minutes to answer. I have been recording myself going through each of my behaviour examples to make sure I hit all the important parts. They then ask 2-3 Strength based questions. You will find a booklet on these on the Civil Service website and this explains which Strengths match each Behaviours and gives definitions of each. I have just highlighted each Strength to match each Behaviour and wrote some bullet points of examples of how I show this Strength. I think you get time to prepare for these questions also but I think you only get 2 minutes to record your answer. Hope this helps. Good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Good luck!
Hi, have you had your interview? How is it like?
I’ve just done my interview, any ideas on how long it takes to hear?
Original post by Amylou998

What kind of questions they ask?
Reply 7
Original post by elliemxxx
Bump.

Have 2 interviews for this role in different locations, would appreciate some help :frown:

The email I received with the interview link provides nothing in terms of formatting or advice.

Hey! How did you find the interview? I have a pre-recorded interview to complete for a role based in Scotland and can’t find any advice either!

Thank you!
Has anyone had an update from interview?? My portal still says ‘your interview slot has been booked’ even though I did the interview last week lol!
Reply 9

Any help on questions they asked will be good
Competency based questions , 2 of each behaviour. I can’t remember exactly what the questions were unfortunately sorry. I would just say to have 2 competencies for each behaviour - communicating and influencing, managing a quality service and making effective decisions.
Making effective decisions is the lead behaviour so that one should be strongest

Hope this helps
Reply 11
Just wondered if anyone had heard back following their interview?
Original post by CJF17
Just wondered if anyone had heard back following their interview?

I’m still waiting... apparently it should be week commencing 22/3/21 so Monday .. DWP seem to take forever
Reply 13
I’m still waiting... apparently it should be week commencing 22/3/21 so Monday .. DWP seem to take forever

i hope its this week.....such a long wait. which location did you apply for?
Original post by CJF17
i hope its this week.....such a long wait. which location did you apply for?

Birmingham. My application centre still says ‘your interview has been booked’ I emailed them they said It’s being assessed by panel 😳 it’s very nerve wracking
Reply 15
Birmingham. My application centre still says ‘your interview has been booked’ I emailed them they said It’s being assessed by panel 😳 it’s very nerve wracking

it really is......good luck!!
Original post by CJF17
it really is......good luck!!

Thank you! Where did you apply? And what does your application centre say? Good luck to you, hope you hear soon :smile:
Reply 17
Thank you! Where did you apply? And what does your application centre say? Good luck to you, hope you hear soon :smile:

Liverpool. It still says interview slot booked! Just have to keep positive and hope for the best but I really hope that we don't have to go through another weekend without not knowing!
Reply 18
Has anyone been waiting to hear back longer than 2 weeks?
Reply 19
Original post by ang98
Has anyone been waiting to hear back longer than 2 weeks?

I did my interview on 5th March but I'm guessing they will only have started to go through all the interviews after the closing date which was 9th March. Such a long process but I guess they have a lot of interviews to go through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending