The Student Room Group

Security check from DWP job coach - if you are a civil servant already

Hi everyone,
How long security checks will take if you already work from another gov.Uk department?
And the staff transfer form needs to be fill online or you need to print this ?
The security checks took about a week or two for me. I am also switching to DWP from another civil service department. I filled in the staff transfer form online. The best time to fill it in is when they offer you a start date and then you can send it to your line manager so they can fill in the parts they need to. After that they will send it to HR. I am waiting for HR to clear it for me and finalise it with DWP. After this happens, I will get a formal offer sent on the DWP portal.
Reply 2
Original post by Salman_khan95
The security checks took about a week or two for me. I am also switching to DWP from another civil service department. I filled in the staff transfer form online. The best time to fill it in is when they offer you a start date and then you can send it to your line manager so they can fill in the parts they need to. After that they will send it to HR. I am waiting for HR to clear it for me and finalise it with DWP. After this happens, I will get a formal offer sent on the DWP portal.

Thanks ! Did you receive the emails at the same time ? I am just waiting for an update on the portal
Reply 3

What is the Health referral checks ?
do you mean BPSS / SC / DV type security checks?

BPSS you probably already have because you are already a civil servant, only takes a few days if they want to repeat it. If you need SC for your new role and don't have it that can take a while, at least 6 weeks. If you are moving to a DV role (unlikely) then its months
Reply 5
Original post by ChiefBrody
do you mean BPSS / SC / DV type security checks?

BPSS you probably already have because you are already a civil servant, only takes a few days if they want to repeat it. If you need SC for your new role and don't have it that can take a while, at least 6 weeks. If you are moving to a DV role (unlikely) then its months

Thanks .
I mean these :
Criminal Convictions Check
Employment References
Counter signatory Reference
Health Referral
Any higher level checks if applicable (Disclosure Barring Service and/or National Security Clearance)
I am not sure what Health Referral is about .
Original post by EvaS75
What is the Health referral checks ?

I received an email when they started doing the pre employment checks. They use another company called Ucheck to do this. I didn't gey asked for health referral checks as I have security checks in my current role but after they complete their security checks which is for DBS and you pass them they will send you a provisional offer on the DWP portal which will be followed by a phone call afterwards. This is when they will give a start date.
Reply 7
Original post by EvaS75
Thanks .
I mean these :
Criminal Convictions Check
Employment References
Counter signatory Reference
Health Referral
Any higher level checks if applicable (Disclosure Barring Service and/or National Security Clearance)
I am not sure what Health Referral is about .

So BPSS then?
Reply 8
Original post by Quady
So BPSS then?

Passed security as you said , got a start day and now waiting for my manager to fill the transfer form .!
Reply 9
Original post by EvaS75
Passed security as you said , got a start day and now waiting for my manager to fill the transfer form .!

Does that mean you've completed your section of the transfer form before passing it to your manager...?
Reply 10
Original post by Quady
Does that mean you've completed your section of the transfer form before passing it to your manager...?

Yes , section A1 and 2 and then passed to him .
Reply 11
I received an email when they started doing the pre employment checks. They use another company called Ucheck to do this. I didn't gey asked for health referral checks as I have security checks in my current role but after they complete their security checks which is for DBS and you pass them they will send you a provisional offer on the DWP portal which will be followed by a phone call afterwards. This is when they will give a start date.

I've been waiting 7 weeks for my security checks to clear and I already work within the civil service. I've called to find out the hold up and they keep saying they are waiting for the checks to complete. My dbs came back about 3 weeks ago. Is that normal?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending