The Student Room Group

Choosing University for Law- Help!!

Hiii,

I'm in year 12 and I want to study law but am unsure which unis would be considered the "best" to apply to. I really DONT want to apply for oxbridge and am keen to move away from London (although this isn't essential). I was looking at Glasgow so does anyone know if that's any good? Or could you recommend some other unis. For reference, I'm predicted A*A*A in my A Levels.

Do you have any thoughts about what you want to use your law degree to do?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Do you have any thoughts about what you want to use your law degree to do?

Yeah, I know for sure that I want to be a lawyer, and am currently leaning more towards the solicitor route however haven’t decided 100% between being a solicitor or barrister
Bristol, Durham, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Liverpool. There are endless possibilities.

General advice here about about How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
And its worth going to Open Days in the Autumn to listen to subject talks and see what makes each Uni different.
Btw - you have until January 2022 to make this decision, so there is no need to stress.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Bristol, Durham, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Liverpool. There are endless possibilities.

General advice here about about How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
And its worth going to Open Days in the Autumn to listen to subject talks and see what makes each Uni different.
Btw - you have until January 2022 to make this decision, so there is no need to stress.

Thank you! Yeah I really want to go to some non virtual open days so I’m hoping that soon some will be able to take place
Original post by xtilly_kpx
Yeah, I know for sure that I want to be a lawyer, and am currently leaning more towards the solicitor route however haven’t decided 100% between being a solicitor or barrister

What is it that you find attractive about Glasgow?
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
What is it that you find attractive about Glasgow?

Well I’m from London and I basically want to move far away and just see different parts of the UK. Also from looking at league tables it seems to be ranked quite highly as oxbridge are always top, followed by London unis and then it’s Glasgow and as I don’t want to apply for oxbridge or the London unis I figured Glasgow seemed like a good option
Original post by xtilly_kpx
Hiii,

I'm in year 12 and I want to study law but am unsure which unis would be considered the "best" to apply to. I really DONT want to apply for oxbridge and am keen to move away from London (although this isn't essential). I was looking at Glasgow so does anyone know if that's any good? Or could you recommend some other unis. For reference, I'm predicted A*A*A in my A Levels.

If you can sit for LNAT, go for UCL.
Reply 8
Yeah I looked into Edinburgh but it only does Scots Law and I want to be qualified to practise Law in England

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending