The Student Room Group

Bsc computer science - St Andrews vs Southampton vs Manchester vs Bristol vs Warwick

BSc Computer science - St Andrews Vs Southampton Vs Manchester Vs Warwick Vs Bristol. I would very much appreciate if you could please advise me on which of the universities above is considered best(preferably in order) for an undergraduate course in computer science.
I would say Warwick
Reply 2
Original post by wizkid44
I would say Warwick

Thank you very much for replying. May I know about how the other rank relatively as well please.
Original post by Namein123
BSc Computer science - St Andrews Vs Southampton Vs Manchester Vs Warwick Vs Bristol. I would very much appreciate if you could please advise me on which of the universities above is considered best(preferably in order) for an undergraduate course in computer science.

This is my personal opinion.
I myself have been looking at british uni’s for about 1/2 a year, and would pick St. Andrews, Southampton and Manchester over Warwick. Preferably St. Andrews or Southampton.
That’s based on what I’ve heard and read about the universities and their cs programme. I also heard Warwick’s cs department is quite small. Southampton’s cs-dep were refurbished in 2015. If ur an international student like me, I would also take look at the total cost if that matters for you. If I do my BSc at Southampton I end up with about $40.000 less in debt, than if I were doing a BSc at St. Andrews.
I advice you to look at their programme stucture, the cs-dep, the student satisfaction ranking, their research rankings, the cost, and maybe reach out to a current student through Studentbuddy at the uni’s website.
Reply 4
Original post by oliverholee
This is my personal opinion.
I myself have been looking at british uni’s for about 1/2 a year, and would pick St. Andrews, Southampton and Manchester over Warwick. Preferably St. Andrews or Southampton.
That’s based on what I’ve heard and read about the universities and their cs programme. I also heard Warwick’s cs department is quite small. Southampton’s cs-dep were refurbished in 2015. If ur an international student like me, I would also take look at the total cost if that matters for you. If I do my BSc at Southampton I end up with about $40.000 less in debt, than if I were doing a BSc at St. Andrews.
I advice you to look at their programme stucture, the cs-dep, the student satisfaction ranking, their research rankings, the cost, and maybe reach out to a current student through Studentbuddy at the uni’s website.

Thank you very much for your reply. BTW do you know if Southampton has a hybrid course between electrical and electronics engineering and computer science. Please.
Thank you very much for your reply. BTW do you know if Southampton has a hybrid course between electrical and electronics engineering and computer science. Please.

I haven’t looked into it, since I only plan doing cs. But at least on their website, it says they have Electronic Engineering with Computer Systems, MEng.
Reply 6
I haven’t looked into it, since I only plan doing cs. But at least on their website, it says they have Electronic Engineering with Computer Systems, MEng.

Many Thanks again for your reply. I will check this programme right now. Southampton ECS seems alright esp. for international students like myself.
Many Thanks again for your reply. I will check this programme right now. Southampton ECS seems alright esp. for international students like myself.

Yea cs at Southampton was my most affordable choice, but recently started to lean back on Community College, then transfer to UC Berkeley or UCLA in California, since I figured my debt actually will be around the same.
Yea cs at Southampton was my most affordable choice, but recently started to lean back on Community College, then transfer to UC Berkeley or UCLA in California, since I figured my debt actually will be around the same.

As dream schools ofc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending