The Student Room Group

What's the scariest thing that's happened to you?

For me, I was around 12 at the time this happened. I was home alone and I was sitting upstairs when I heard our house alarm beep. This meant one of the doors or windows of our house had been opened. This happened not once, but twice. :redface:
I then proceeded to panic lol. I had no idea what to do, I didn't know whether this situation warranted a 999 call. I was under the impression that someone was downstairs, inside our house. I ended up ringing my parents. After like 5 calls they FINALLY pick up...
Long story short, the house alarm beeped because of a spider on the wall which was right next to one of the sensors. 😒

TLDR I thought someone broke into our house.

Scroll to see replies

The time when I thought my brother had gotten stabbed on his way home. He was hours and hours late. We were all waiting for him and he didn't pick up any calls. When he came home it was morning. This was in Ramadan in like 2017. It was a scary time.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
the second most scary thing that happened to me was trying the lemon and maple syrup diet and then after like 4 days almost fainting in the street. I had never come that close to fainting before, I thought i was going to die.....

After a while I managed to make it to my nans house (couldn't make it to my house)
Sleep Paralysis. Imagine waking up with no control of movement, you know you're awake, yet you can't shift yourself. It is horrible, but fortunately I have not experienced it in years.
I can't recall many scary things that have happened to me, apart from nightmares and that one time when I was about to get hit by a car. But I didn't really find that scary at the time, just annoying.
Original post by Justaboutalive
The time when I thought my brother had gotten stabbed on his way home. He was hours and hours late. We were all waiting for him and he didn't pick up any calls. When he came home it was morning. This was in Ramadan in like 2017. It was a scary time.

😢 I know that feeling. Glad he was ok.

Original post by ANM775
the second most scary thing that happened to me was trying the lemon and maple syrup diet and then after like 4 days almost fainting in the street. I had never come that close to fainting before, I thought i was going to die.....

After a while I managed to make it to my nans house (couldn't make it to my house)

omggg that must have been so scary

Original post by 2 Time Shine
Sleep Paralysis. Imagine waking up with no control of movement, you know you're awake, yet you can't shift yourself. It is horrible, but fortunately I have not experienced it in years.

Yeah I've seen youtube videos where people talk about their experience of sleep paralysis, it sounds horrible 😢

Original post by jenerous
I can't recall many scary things that have happened to me, apart from nightmares and that one time when I was about to get hit by a car. But I didn't really find that scary at the time, just annoying.

well you're really lucky then :smile:
Original post by Qxi.xli

Yeah I've seen youtube videos where people talk about their experience of sleep paralysis, it sounds horrible 😢

It is, and I wouldn't wish it upon anybody.
Original post by Qxi.xli

Thank You, and I am sorry you had to know that feeling too x
I was like 6 or 7 and I was washing my hands in a waterfall so we could eat some lunch on the hike, and I let go of my dads hand and slipped, fell down the waterfall, would've died if it weren't for the log a few yards down, came out with no injuries, I think the waterfall was 50 or 60 feet
When I was about 13 my father broke his arm skiing and got airlifted off the mountain, I was left on the mountain on my own with no mobile phone, money or even ID, I don't even speak French.
Me and my brother went for a late night Maccies in wembley. We were crossing the road and an uber eats driver on a motorbike came out of nowhere almost ran me over. We shouted at him and he chased us. We got separated and I didn't hear from my brother for ages. He eventually answered his phone and everything was fine.
Panic attacks, thought I was gonna die.
I made a TSR account.
I fainted for the first time a couple of years ago in the bathroom and I don't know how long I was in there for but no-one in my family noticed or heard anything because i left the taps running before I fell. It was so scary tho cos my legs were just failing me and I couldn't pull myself up but luckily I was able to make sure I didn't land on anything dangerous.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by astrogirl_
I fainted for the first time a couple of years ago in the bathroom and I don't know how long I was in there for but no-one in my family noticed or heard anything because i left the taps running before I fell. It was so scary tho cos my legs were just failing me and I couldn't pull myself up but luckily I was able to make sure I didn't land on anything dangerous.

aww 😢
when i was in yr 7 i was chased on the way to school. this was just after a stabbing near my area so i panicked. i was running with a full bag and a large pe kit and this guy was running too. bare in mind im tiny af and this guy was mega tall. he chased me half the way to school before pulling out his phone, which i thought was gonna be a knife, calling someone then turning down a sideroad. i was on the bridge bawling my eyes out trying to call my mum. she came and picked me up and drove me to school. she called my bsf to come take me in cos i was shaking so much. we went to the hoy and reported it. turns out some other students in my year had seen him stealing from the shop round the corner. i made statements for the school and police and skipped half of the day.
Original post by BluMoon06
when i was in yr 7 i was chased on the way to school. this was just after a stabbing near my area so i panicked. i was running with a full bag and a large pe kit and this guy was running too. bare in mind im tiny af and this guy was mega tall. he chased me half the way to school before pulling out his phone, which i thought was gonna be a knife, calling someone then turning down a sideroad. i was on the bridge bawling my eyes out trying to call my mum. she came and picked me up and drove me to school. she called my bsf to come take me in cos i was shaking so much. we went to the hoy and reported it. turns out some other students in my year had seen him stealing from the shop round the corner. i made statements for the school and police and skipped half of the day.

:O
that sounds so scaryyy
glad your ok x
Original post by Qxi.xli
:O
that sounds so scaryyy
glad your ok x

haha yh it was
yh it happened yrs ago lol i kinda forgot yk back of my mind but its still there :redface: x
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by BluMoon06

what do you think his intentions were?
Original post by ANM775
what do you think his intentions were?

tbh i have no clue
just before he turned off to a sideroad he said 'not you not you' so maybe he was looking for someone ??

Quick Reply

Latest