The Student Room Group

Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by fanof7
Congrats all! Were you all PD or something else?

I was S&E first.
I just wish there was more transparency in this process 😔
Just for an update for those waiting - I got my EOI for HEO which was PD specific on Tuesday, which had a deadline of next Tuesday (4th) - I submitted it the same day. They then emailed me yesterday to say that once the 4th May deadline has passed, they will start matching people and this will go on until mid-June at the latest. This may just be for PD though, I am not sure. Hope that gives a bit of clarity in a very confusing process! Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 223
9.79 and still waiting. Seems like some with scores higher have been sent EOI's! So confusing.
Original post by fanof7
9.79 and still waiting. Seems like some with scores higher have been sent EOI's! So confusing.

I think (but not totally certain), that those who have been sent EOI's with 'higher' scores are only those who failed for PD, as PD seems to have its own specific DAS system as well as the main DAS system. If that makes sense :smile:
Don't suppose anyone knows how they tend to contact you when they have found/are offering a post for you. Do they email with an official offer or call?
10.18 and still waiting - really interested to see whether my score would be HEO level. I've learned not to get my hopes up though! Would be happy even for an EO offer at this point.
Reply 227
Original post by CalJacks
Don't suppose anyone knows how they tend to contact you when they have found/are offering a post for you. Do they email with an official offer or call?

Doesn't sound like it's a standard process and will depend on who is interested I think.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Devondumpling
Nothing yet! I’ve got 9.81 at FSAC and I can see that someone with 9.83 has got an EOI. I’m on tender hooks and checking my emails every 30 seconds!

similar to you as well - i got 9.78 I'm hoping they don't forget about me haha, pls let me in!
(edited 2 years ago)
Just checked on the thread again so thought I’d come back in.

PD definitely has its own system when it comes to EOI’s, those who went to FSB and failed get a different set of EOI’s to generalist for example. The other example of this is S&E. from memory those were the only two but I may be wrong. Every other stream gets a generalist EOI ( I was assessed at FSAC for Digital, but got a generalist EOI). You can still tick for a Project delivery role though.

I’d recommend ticking as many as you want, the civil service is very much when you’re in, you’re in and you can then target promotions and job changes. Their interview criteria is very set out amongst their success profiles, you just have to relate your job experience to those.

For those who have scored highly but haven’t received EOI’s despite those who scored lower receiving, do not panic, this happens. From what I can remember of the thread last year not one person said they were missed, their process just took longer. In the occasions above it’s highly likely that they were part of project delivery / S&E as some mentioned
hi!

I got an hEO email today. I got 10.58 at AC. I have only been offered a chance to apply for a property department role.

I thought I'd be able to try for a different department to be honest! I did my FSB for property only as it was the only one I got through for but it was my last choice.

I accepted a post after my CS rejection so don't know what to do
Reply 231
Original post by enhorning
hi!

I got an hEO email today. I got 10.58 at AC. I have only been offered a chance to apply for a property department role.

I thought I'd be able to try for a different department to be honest! I did my FSB for property only as it was the only one I got through for but it was my last choice.

I accepted a post after my CS rejection so don't know what to do

I'd speak to your current manager about this but big congrats on the HEO chance!
Reply 232
Does anyone know when they get back to us? I had an EOI , just returned the form yesterday, deadline is May7th
Reply 233
I've now progressed with other applications, hoping to get at least an EOI this week or I may just forget about this.
Original post by fanof7
I've now progressed with other applications, hoping to get at least an EOI this week or I may just forget about this.

I think you should just forgot about it and continue applying for other roles. Some people have got EOI as late as June (or even later)! The EOI will come eventually (hopefully).
Original post by ILight
Does anyone know when they get back to us? I had an EOI , just returned the form yesterday, deadline is May7th

For mine they said anytime from the deadline until mid-June, however that is for the PD specific one so I am not sure if the same applies for all.
I scored 12.71 and still haven’t heard anything!! Maybe they’ve forgotten me :frown:
Original post by lemon2234
I scored 12.71 and still haven’t heard anything!! Maybe they’ve forgotten me :frown:

I think it’s just about being patient I got 9.06 and only got me EOI the other week after doing my AC in January
I have just received an EOI email specifically for Commercial
Reply 239
Original post by louderthanlove
I have just received an EOI email specifically for Commercial

Nice one! What are your choices like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending