The Student Room Group

baited out a teacher

this teacher told her students the english literature question putting the rest of us at a disadvantage.i said this to the deputy head of our school. Hi, insert name there is a rumour going around that one of the english teachers (I can name her if requested) heavily hinted at both the Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde question. However, I found this to be true when members of her class showed me to have pages of analysis on that particular theme (leadership and secrecy) after the assessments whereas the rest of us did not. The first time it happened and they told me they had concentrated on that theme in class, I had thought it was a lucky coincidence.However the second time,I felt quite annoyed that they practically knew the questions and the rest of us didn’t even have one lesson on that theme. I am very sorry for making a very long paragraph and I realise that this might be a serious issue and would like to keep myself anonymous when referred to so that I don’t get hated by other pupils or staff. Thank you.
im kinda nervous is what i did right?
pls help
:frown:
thats a relief i thought it may be viewed as snitchy and horrible
OMG FRL SMEEEE IT HAPPENED TO ME IN THE LAST TEST. Right before my macbeth exam everyone was going on about how its about violence and I was like whatever but IT WASSS!!! I asked a friend and one of the teachers straight up TOLD HER STUDENTS!! LIKE WTF MAN. idk If i should snake and like to who. And even if I snake everyone sort of knew so it would only benefit me..?
Original post by yourbutt205
OMG FRL SMEEEE IT HAPPENED TO ME IN THE LAST TEST. Right before my macbeth exam everyone was going on about how its about violence and I was like whatever but IT WASSS!!! I asked a friend and one of the teachers straight up TOLD HER STUDENTS!! LIKE WTF MAN. idk If i should snake and like to who. And even if I snake everyone sort of knew so it would only benefit me..?

i did it to the deputy cuz she has no favs of teachers if i did it to my head of year she defo wouldnt have listened
There is nothing wrong with reporting it. If it was an official exam they would get into legal trouble as it is illegal for a teacher to tell students what the exam questions are prior to the exam and students who know questions of an official exam in advance risk being disqualified from the course or the exam board altogether so you did the right thing. There was one case where an exam paper circulated online and the exam board made every student do another one as they didn't know who had known it in advance. Even if it wasn't official it is still very unfair. Yes, there will be those who disagree but know that the students who knew it in advance probably didn't revise as much and may struggle with independent studying in the future.
Original post by snowball_cat
There is nothing wrong with reporting it. If it was an official exam they would get into legal trouble as it is illegal for a teacher to tell students what the exam questions are prior to the exam and students who know questions of an official exam in advance risk being disqualified from the course or the exam board altogether so you did the right thing. There was one case where an exam paper circulated online and the exam board made every student do another one as they didn't know who had known it in advance. Even if it wasn't official it is still very unfair. Yes, there will be those who disagree but know that the students who knew it in advance probably didn't revise as much and may struggle with independent studying in the future.

i told my deputy i got ignored :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending