The Student Room Group

Advice for Biotech,please?

I am nearly at the end of Year 12.I hope it to not be too late for changing career choices because since the beginning of the Year I was making some preparation for medicine such as reading books,making a medical research and attending webinars.But at the end I decided to not pursue Medicine anymore because I was forced by my parents to do so and I was always too demotivated to succeed the admission process.I luckily got approval from my parents to pick whatever career I want as long as I do exceptionally well in that which seems fair enough.

I made lots of career research and found Biotechnology to be most interesting career to pursue since I love sciences (I study Bio,Chem,Physics and Maths at A-Levels) and the career paths also interests me.

What extracurriculars activities and work experience do you advise me to do to be successfull in getting in a Top Uni for Biotech? I really like Imperial College London and it would be a dream if I apply there.
Original post by Ash U.
I am nearly at the end of Year 12.I hope it to not be too late for changing career choices because since the beginning of the Year I was making some preparation for medicine such as reading books,making a medical research and attending webinars.But at the end I decided to not pursue Medicine anymore because I was forced by my parents to do so and I was always too demotivated to succeed the admission process.I luckily got approval from my parents to pick whatever career I want as long as I do exceptionally well in that which seems fair enough.

I made lots of career research and found Biotechnology to be most interesting career to pursue since I love sciences (I study Bio,Chem,Physics and Maths at A-Levels) and the career paths also interests me.

What extracurriculars activities and work experience do you advise me to do to be successfull in getting in a Top Uni for Biotech? I really like Imperial College London and it would be a dream if I apply there.

hiiii,
I think unis will take into consideration it's hard to get any type of work experience because of covid so don't worry too much about that! It's good you realized you didn't want to pursue medicine as that is quite a commitment and a lot of unnecessary work for something you don't want to do!
Maybe try looking for online work experience-anything stem-based. The In2science programme is quite good to do over summer- which I enjoyed.
Also, check out different unis do webinars and seminars that could like to biotechnology that you could write about on your personal statement.
Good luck
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending