The Student Room Group

Kcl plagiarism??????

I submitted open book exam it had 21% similiarity which was quite high but it accounted for the questions coversheet references. Now it says my work is being reviewed by my uni exam board for plagiarism WHAT?? im so sad this is my first time i have never been in trouble for anything like this i and my other exam results i did really well! So i checked the exam turns out it says 42% similiarity IM SO SHOCKED it did'nt say that when i submitted or i would paraphased or checked my work thouroughly. I just checked and two chunks of works that have been flagged are 3 sentences lng and direct quotes! basically i copied and pasted like they dont even make sense there i put it in to shape my work turns out i didnt delete them. IM SO WORRIED I DIDN MEAN TO they were ideas like a plan to shape my work??? WHAT WILL HAPPEN IM ON PLACEMENT IM A STUDENT NURSE VWORIED CRIED MYSELF TO SLEEP WILL I Be KICKED OUT I DIDNT MEAN TO THEY WERE MEANT TO be deleted!!!!!!!!!!!
lm a KCL student too. Chill mate, nothing will go wrong! trust me!
Reply 2
ARE YOU SURE ITS BEING REVIEWED? theres no way i can get a fail im in my second year and was on my way to a first :frown:
Original post by Anonjawa
ARE YOU SURE ITS BEING REVIEWED? theres no way i can get a fail im in my second year and was on my way to a first :frown:

trust me its all good! Youre fine mate!!
Reply 4

Will there be a meeting or something im really scared and im ot very good at speaking my point of view so they might not believe me but my other asignments ive never got less than 75/100
Original post by bored_user:)
trust me its all good! Youre fine mate!!

42% is very high im so shocked and theres two chunks not referenced randomly in the middle of my assgnment? that i was supposed to delete!! What will they do?
Don't worry! If you're called in, make sure you explain exactly what you told us. They won't kick you out, you didn't have bad intentions. :yep:
Will there be a meeting or something im really scared and im ot very good at speaking my point of view so they might not believe me but my other asignments ive never got less than 75/100

42% is very high im so shocked and theres two chunks not referenced randomly in the middle of my assgnment? that i was supposed to delete!! What will they do?

they wontt do anything. trust me. they might interview you but thry cant kick you out
Reply 7
Original post by RazzzBerries
Don't worry! If you're called in, make sure you explain exactly what you told us. They won't kick you out, you didn't have bad intentions. :yep:

Thank you! yes im so shocked i didnt mean for this to happen it was a 48 hour nursing open book exam so i didnt sleep for 2 days submitted 10 k words,and submitted 6am so i didnt notice the chunk that was on NICE guideline. Will i get a fail I FEEL SICK im on the ward (student nurse placement) hiding in the toilet i tears!!! I emaild my personal tutor and student services havent go back to me yet.
Thank you! yes im so shocked i didnt mean for this to happen it was a 48 hour nursing open book exam so i didnt sleep for 2 days submitted 10 k words,and submitted 6am so i didnt notice the chunk that was on NICE guideline. Will i get a fail I FEEL SICK im on the ward (student nurse placement) hiding in the toilet i tears!!! I emaild my personal tutor and student services havent go back to me yet.

Please don't worry! It was an honest mistake. Even if they are considering serious action (which I highly doubt), they have to call you in to discuss. You can explain everything then. Wait till your personal tutor/student services come back to you, they will likely reinforce what we've said. Keep calm! :heart:
Reply 9
first there will be a review, try to not panic. its never wise to copy and pate others work. if quoting insure its clear its a quote. italics and make sure its referenced. its unlikely that its going to be treated to hard but it can be so please lean from it. we never turniitin the references if you do your score will always be high but each uni is different.
Hi, when you say it was a 48 hour exam, does that mean you had 48 hours to complete the exam, hence 10k words? Or was part of it prep to write a 2 or 3 hour exam in 2 or 3 hours, all done within 48 hours? I'm just curious as I'm thinking of firming kings for nursing :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Back2Uni2021
Hi, when you say it was a 48 hour exam, does that mean you had 48 hours to complete the exam, hence 10k words? Or was part of it prep to write a 2 or 3 hour exam in 2 or 3 hours, all done within 48 hours? I'm just curious as I'm thinking of firming kings for nursing :smile:

Sorry for the late reply graduates now!! Yes so it’s an open book exam that is open for 48 hours and then closes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending