The Student Room Group

Plagiarism check confusion

I have similar situation i did submit my proposal once and i got 28% similarity.
ACO contact me and they mark my proposal zero.
I submitted the proposal again and I submitted all the dissertation.
I got 30% similarity after my due date.
Why i am not able to check the similarity results after 30 minutes of submission?
I that a trick or anything that i am not allow to see immediately after submission.
They haven’t provide any demo or extra link for plagiarism check.
Reply 1
The ideas of a plagiarism check is to check if you have plagiarised. If you can access a similarity score by using a plagiarism checker then use a free one. However, the idea of doing some work is not to copy and repeatedly reword until you have found some way of confounding the plagiarism checker. If you genuinely do the work after formulating your own ideas following research then you will pass whatever check is put in place.
This obvs will depend to some extent on the work set.

Should the work be "solve this sum. 2+2" It might be very difficult to generate a non-plagiarised answer so far as the checker is concerned, however, I just did that all in my head. Did I copy? Is a memory actually a copy. Good question.
Reply 2
Original post by nerak99
The ideas of a plagiarism check is to check if you have plagiarised. If you can access a similarity score by using a plagiarism checker then use a free one. However, the idea of doing some work is not to copy and repeatedly reword until you have found some way of confounding the plagiarism checker. If you genuinely do the work after formulating your own ideas following research then you will pass whatever check is put in place.
This obvs will depend to some extent on the work set.

Should the work be "solve this sum. 2+2" It might be very difficult to generate a non-plagiarised answer so far as the checker is concerned, however, I just did that all in my head. Did I copy? Is a memory actually a copy. Good question.

Yes I appreciate your answer but at least students need to check plagiarism after 30 minutes of submission .
But in case of dissertation they not allow student to check their plagiarism and after due date they just allow students to check out plagiarism is that the privacy policy or is that a trap for students if they got high similarity then they will be not submit the coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending