The Student Room Group

economics at uni

hi guys! I am currently trying to make a long list of unis to go to and am thinking of studying economics but would like there to be options of social economics modules as well but I'm struggling to find any (I'm heading towards St. Andrews at the moment) , suggestions would be greatly received
Hi, I quickly looked at st andrews possible modules and I didn't find any about social economics. If you can tell me the name of the module I can try to look at the main topics so I can figure out if other unis offer a similar module
Original post by sadie8899
hi guys! I am currently trying to make a long list of unis to go to and am thinking of studying economics but would like there to be options of social economics modules as well but I'm struggling to find any (I'm heading towards St. Andrews at the moment) , suggestions would be greatly received

Economics is already a social science anyway, are you looking for sociology modules or something?
Reply 3
Original post by XanaXoid
Hi, I quickly looked at st andrews possible modules and I didn't find any about social economics. If you can tell me the name of the module I can try to look at the main topics so I can figure out if other unis offer a similar module

hi sorry I mean behavioural economics modules
hi sorry I mean behavioural economics modules

Hi, no worries. I'm also interested in behavioural econ and I noticed that most unis offer them. Most of them are in 3rd year but some for some unis are in the 2nd year. Do you have a general idea of where you want to study?
Reply 5
Hi, no worries. I'm also interested in behavioural econ and I noticed that most unis offer them. Most of them are in 3rd year but some for some unis are in the 2nd year. Do you have a general idea of where you want to study?

yeah I'm thinking st Andrews which is the course I've looked into the most but then not sure which others to put down , where are you thinking of going ?
yeah I'm thinking st Andrews which is the course I've looked into the most but then not sure which others to put down , where are you thinking of going ?

I'll go to durham, starting this september. When I have a bit of time I'll share with you all the unis that I found with a behavioural econ module
Reply 7
I'll go to durham, starting this september. When I have a bit of time I'll share with you all the unis that I found with a behavioural econ module

thank you so much and thats exciting about durham
thank you so much and thats exciting about durham

All these unis offer a module in behavioural econ or Behavioural and experimental econ:
Warwick
Durham
UCL
Leeds
Nottingham
Bristol
Exeter
Loughborough
York
Newcastle
Manchester
St Andrews
Oxford (E&M)
Edinburgh
Glasgow
LSE

The unis are in random order. Probably also Bath and Cambridge offer the module but I couldn't find it online and to check their handbook you must be a student. For sure I forgot some unis so you should also check their websites
Reply 9
All these unis offer a module in behavioural econ or Behavioural and experimental econ:
Warwick
Durham
UCL
Leeds
Nottingham
Bristol
Exeter
Loughborough
York
Newcastle
Manchester
St Andrews
Oxford (E&M)
Edinburgh
Glasgow
LSE

The unis are in random order. Probably also Bath and Cambridge offer the module but I couldn't find it online and to check their handbook you must be a student. For sure I forgot some unis so you should also check their websites

thats so helpful thank you
Hi @sadie8899
our economics courses are great. I've just finished my degree in Politics but focused a lot on economics modules and absolutely loved them.
You can find out more about our economics courses here.
You can also chat to a student on our website here.
And you might like to watch a video of a current student talking to one of our economics lecturers or a video on things to look forward to about studying economics at York.
I loved my time at university and I'm sure you will too.
If I can answer any questions just let me know.
Hope to see you on campus soon,
Bea
Graduate Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending