The Student Room Group

Step up to social work cohort 7 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessruth92
I'm waiting to be let into the briefing, are you?

@Sambomai hey guys, just thought I'd send you both a supportive message as someone who's been through it!

Have a banana beforehand if you can (the riper the better) and have a look at the PCF/have a copy of it open if possible.

Beyond that, just try to enjoy it and see it as an experience which you can take away from and learn what makes one a good social worker.
I'm waiting to be let into the briefing, are you?

Just done role play now waiting for the group task. How are you doing?
Original post by Sambomai

Did interview, waiting for role play! Intense!
Did interview, waiting for role play! Intense!

Haha I'm waiting for that too. Delayed
Reply 1344

Same, feel like I messed up on role play
Original post by AcronymOfHashtag
Have you been able to click the accept/reject button though? Mine isn't letting me sign into my account for whatever reason.

I just got an email to say the link has been fixed now so you should be able to accept your placement.
Original post by AcronymOfHashtag
We definitely did! Congratulations too; you deserve it!

Have you accepted it yet? I can't seem to access the link? It keeps taking me to Microsoft Edge and then asking me to sign into a work account in order to access it 😕

I've emailed to ask for help but just wondered if you'd had anything similar, or if it's just me aha!

Yes, as Leebee88 said, we have also both had the same issue. I’ve emailed to let them know, but I haven’t heard anything back yet.
Original post by Skkk4
Same, feel like I messed up on role play

Oh really how so? I felt it went ok bwtter than my written task. Just waiting for the interview now. This I'm dreading
Haha I'm waiting for that too. Delayed

How did your interview go? I've just got that left and dreading it. Did it last the whole 45 mins?
How did your interview go? I've just got that left and dreading it. Did it last the whole 45 mins?

Yes 45 minutes. It was intense and I had to pause a lot to think of my answer!
Yes 45 minutes. It was intense and I had to pause a lot to think of my answer!

Well done though do you think you did well? What have you got left to do?
Original post by amandajane52
Wow, wow, wow!!!

I just received an email from South East to say that I have been accepted onto the Step up to Social Work course!

I am absolutely flabbergasted.

Good luck everyone. I am looking forward to finding out who my fellow South East students are.

Amanda

Huge congratulations Amanda! I’ve also been offered a place in the South East 😊
Well done though do you think you did well? What have you got left to do?

I feel like it's an achievement to get this far. The group exercise, what about you?
I feel like it's an achievement to get this far. The group exercise, what about you?

The interview at 2pm arghh. The group exercise was ok I recon you will find it better than interview. . and yes if I domt get a place I am proud of what I've done regardless x
So pleased to have been offered a place for South East. Couldn't accept my place yesterday as link wasn't working but all working now and accepted.

Well done to everyone that has been offered a place and good luck to those going through the assessment centre stages at the moment.
The interview at 2pm arghh. The group exercise was ok I recon you will find it better than interview. . and yes if I domt get a place I am proud of what I've done regardless x

@Sambomai How did your role play go?
Original post by alkhansa
@Sambomai How did your role play go?

I actually enjoyed it. Don't know if I was good but I did enjoy it
I actually enjoyed it. Don't know if I was good but I did enjoy it

@Sambomai The role play is the most nerve racking thing for me because it's the part I messed up on during my Think Ahead assessment. (I got an actor who was really uncooperative and through me off completely!)
Original post by Chia Festa
Huge congratulations Amanda! I’ve also been offered a place in the South East 😊

Fantastic news! Huge congratulations.
Original post by Jjbear1995
Congratulations!
How long after the AC did u wait to find out u were successful???

Assessment centre was on 9th June and I found out yesterday. So just under 3 weeks.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest