The Student Room Group

A level art/photography

Will doing a level art as well as a level photography be too much course work? Or will they work nicely together?
Reply 1
Original post by Anniebowler
Will doing a level art as well as a level photography be too much course work? Or will they work nicely together?

It would narrow your options for the future. Does your 6th form let you do both? If you took them with both Edexcel they both have the same entry code and so it would not be possible to do both. AQA has different entry codes but I think they would still say Art (Photography) and Art (Art, Craft and Design) on the certificates
Reply 2

Hello,
from my experience with photography, you shouldn’t worry too much about the course work, if you like doing powerpoints and writing essays. From what i know art will be way more difficult when it comes to coursework, but the subjects go together really well. Photography doesn’t have as much material as art does but you’ll still have some essays to write.

Good luck!!
I am sure you’ll do great: )
Reply 3
Original post by Compost
It would narrow your options for the future. Does your 6th form let you do both? If you took them with both Edexcel they both have the same entry code and so it would not be possible to do both. AQA has different entry codes but I think they would still say Art (Photography) and Art (Art, Craft and Design) on the certificates

My 6thform allows us to do any combination, I’d be taking art, photography, pe and biology the fist year and then possibley drop one in year 13. I chose these 4 a levels so that i can go two different directions after 6thform bc i have no idea what i want to do. Thanks
Reply 4
My 6thform allows us to do any combination, I’d be taking art, photography, pe and biology the fist year and then possibley drop one in year 13. I chose these 4 a levels so that i can go two different directions after 6thform bc i have no idea what i want to do. Thanks

Heya, I just recently finished doing my A-level photography so I would drop down some useful resources that I used to do my essay but two quick questions.?

1. Have you got a theme that you are focusing on for your essay?
2. Have you got some artists that link well with your theme? If not I think that would be the best place to start😅😊

Quick Reply

Latest