The Student Room Group

Admission fees

What would happen if I pay the fees and there is no balance in the bank account? Please help me out here.
Hello, I just paid my tuition fees but later realized my account does not have enough balance. So would the university charge any penalty? I am transferring money from India. Please help pe out here.
You'll need to speak with your uni directly, as they will be able to advise you on their particular policies and procedures for paying fees.
Original post by Divyansh s shah
What would happen if I pay the fees and there is no balance in the bank account? Please help me out here.

You will be in debt to the university if you don't pay your fees. If you continue to not pay them, you will kicked off the course and your accommodation. Additionally, you will not be permitted to graduate (if you're at that stage) for as long as the fees remain outstanding.

You need to either pay them, or talk to your university's finance department quickly to explain the situation and see if you can come to an arrangement regarding pay these fees. They will not just 'waive' them.
Original post by artful_lounger
You'll need to speak with your uni directly, as they will be able to advise you on their particular policies and procedures for paying fees.

I tried calling the university but there is no answer. Is there a way I could block the transaction?
Original post by Reality Check
You will be in debt to the university if you don't pay your fees. If you continue to not pay them, you will kicked off the course and your accommodation. Additionally, you will not be permitted to graduate (if you're at that stage) for as long as the fees remain outstanding.

You need to either pay them, or talk to your university's finance department quickly to explain the situation and see if you can come to an arrangement regarding pay these fees. They will not just 'waive' them.

Thank you for your reply. I have made the transaction but I realized there are not enough funds in the bank account. Is there a way I could block the transaction?
I tried calling the university but there is no answer. Is there a way I could block the transaction?

I don't understand, I thought your account didn't have enough funds to complete the transaction anyway? Presumably your bank won't allow the transaction to take place in that case?

If you want/need to stop the transaction or bounce a cheque specifically then you will probably need to speak with your bank.
Thank you for your reply. I have made the transaction but I realized there are not enough funds in the bank account. Is there a way I could block the transaction?

No. If it was a direct debit which subsequently is returned unpaid by the bank through a lack of funds, then the bank will probably charge you for the dishonoured direct debit and the university will contact you to demand payment once they discover that the direct debit payment failed.

You can't have made a Faster Payments or other transfer, because the funds have to be available in the account before you can complete the transaction.
Hello, I just paid my tuition fees but later realized my account does not have enough balance. So would the university charge any penalty? I am transferring money from India. Please help pe out here.

You've already posted this question. Please don't post the same content multiple times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending