The Student Room Group

Lost all my stuff on 363 london bus

Lost my handbag which contained the following:

Bank cards
Driving licence with address
House key
Airpod charger (this one is gonna hurt my bank to replace :frown: )
Iphone charger
Makeup
Perfume
I guess I just want to cry, lost it in a rough area and no one is answering phones because of covid. I sent an application via TFL lost property website. I’m assuming my stuff is gone for good knowing how scummy people can be.

I am now worried that, whilst I lost my bag in london, my luton address and key was in my handbag. I am so scared on what to do :frown:

Also does not help that I’m a broke graduate so feeling pretty depressed right now

Update: checked the bus garage and they said it wasn’t there, they said it was most likely stolen. My anxiety is going crazy now because I am scared that with my provisional licence they can do identity fraud because it has my name, DOB and address. What should I do at this point? It seems so unclear. I heard about cifas protection should I get it?

I feel so low right now and violated knowing that someone is touching my stuff with their filthy disgusting hands.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sadpotato97

Bank cards
House key
Iphone charger
Makeup

I guess I just want to cry, lost it in a rough area and no one is answering phones because of covid. I sent an application via their website. I’m assuming my stuff is gone for good knowing how scummy people can be.

I am now worried that, whilst I lost my bag in london, my luton address and key was in my handbag. I am so scared on what to do :frown:

Also does not help that I’m a broke graduate so feeling pretty depressed right now

I wish you the best of luck , don't stress too much. You will hopefully find it .
Reply 2
Original post by Rosyrose123
I wish you the best of luck , don't stress too much. You will hopefully find it .

Thank you, feeling so hopeless and my anxiety is racing because I’m so scared that someone from London might try to come to my house in Luton 🥲 my anxiety is really bad right now and sadly tfl haven’t been very helpful (been only able to email them as everyone is working from home and not answering calls).
If I were you, I’d recommend cancelling your cards ASAP just in case. I know the Barclays app has that option to freeze your cards.

At least that way you know your finances are ok. 🙂
have you contacted the bus company ? not everyone in London is an a-hole... someone may have handed your bag in.

Bank cards
House key
Iphone charger
Makeup

I guess I just want to cry, lost it in a rough area and no one is answering phones because of covid. I sent an application via their website. I’m assuming my stuff is gone for good knowing how scummy people can be.

Hopefully a decent person finds it and keeps it safe for you, but knowing people I'd cancel your cards. Also, you might want to change your locks. :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Scienceisgood
If I were you, I’d recommend cancelling your cards ASAP just in case. I know the Barclays app has that option to freeze your cards.

At least that way you know your finances are ok. 🙂

Thank you cancelled them. Trying to convince my dad to change the locks but he won’t listen to me its making me more anxious. He can be really stubborn and aggressive I really hate him. I just worry for the safety of our family.
Reply 7
Original post by the bear
have you contacted the bus company ? not everyone in London is an a-hole... someone may have handed your bag in.

Phone lines are down because of covid so no answers, I just submitted the lost property form on the tfl website because that seems like the only way I can reach them :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Qxi.xli
Hopefully a decent person finds it and keeps it safe for you, but knowing people I'd cancel your cards. Also, you might want to change your locks. :frown:

Thank you but sadly doubt it, my anxiety is running wild right now and my stubborn dad won’t listen to me about changing the locks he gets so aggressive because it will cost him. I feel so upset
Thank you, feeling so hopeless and my anxiety is racing because I’m so scared that someone from London might try to come to my house in Luton 🥲 my anxiety is really bad right now and sadly tfl haven’t been very helpful (been only able to email them as everyone is working from home and not answering calls).

Please calm down, there is always a solution to each problem :smile: . I suggest you change your door locks, even if someone tries to break in using the old keys it won't work since you replaced the lock and keys. Also, contact your bank to cancel your credit/debit card. If you also lost your ID you can always contact the government and they replace you with a new one
(edited 2 years ago)

Believe me, they're much more likely to just try and call any number in the bag, or use your ID to find your social media. If I were you, for a while get your social media looking very similar to your ID so if they contact you there it's easier. For now, call banks and cancel those cards.
Thank you but sadly doubt it, my anxiety is running wild right now and my stubborn dad won’t listen to me about changing the locks he gets so aggressive because it will cost him. I feel so upset

If you can afford a lock , I suggest you buy one yourself. If not you can explain to your dad that if someone breaks in ,the consequences might cost more . Or you can ask another family member / trusted person to buy a lock ,
(edited 2 years ago)
- Freeze your cards.
- Change your locks.

I'm sure you can find a decent Airpods alternative.
My parents slapped me for calling a locksmith to change the locks, I offered to pay. They said no and the locksmith charged me £60 to call them out today. My anxiety is racing and I feel so afraid. I’m in overdraft but I still offered to pay but my parents said no. **** sake what am I going to do?
My parents slapped me for calling a locksmith to change the locks, I offered to pay. They said no and the locksmith charged me £60 to call them out today. My anxiety is racing and I feel so afraid. I’m in overdraft but I still offered to pay but my parents said no. **** sake what am I going to do?

Oh no, why are your parents refusing? perhaps try asking them why they are refusing when they are calm and explain your situation. Do you live alone? or with your parents ?

Just calm down and remember there is always s solution to each problem. Maybe talk to a family member to have a chat with your parents. Trust my safety is worth every penny you spend on it. Have you explained the problem to your parents ?

I honestly can't believe that locksmith charged you 60 pounds for a call !!!!
Honestly, I don't think changing locks is difficult, maybe you can buy the lock and key and replace it yourself? if not ask a family member or a trusted adult or friend to come in and help . This is a cheaper alternative.

erm im sorry to hear what you're going through rn I'd feel the exact same but your parents have no right to slap you like you don't already feel crappy enough
Reply 16
Honestly, I don't think changing locks is difficult, maybe you can buy the lock and key and replace it yourself? if not ask a family member or a trusted adult or friend to come in and help . This is a cheaper alternative.

my dad changed my front door lock when i first moved in.

definitely not worth £60 ...but they get away with charging so much as not that many people know how to do it...

my dad fixed my oven when it broke too. would have cost me £60 in labour, and he fixed it within the hour
Original post by the bear

Checked the bus garage and they said it wasn’t there, they said it was most likely stolen. My anxiety is going crazy now because I am scared that with my provisional licence they can do identity fraud because it has my name, DOB and address. What should I do at this point? It seems so unclear. I heard about cifas protection should I get it?

I feel so low right now and violated knowing that someone is touching my stuff with their filthy disgusting hands.
Original post by Moonlight rain
erm im sorry to hear what you're going through rn I'd feel the exact same but your parents have no right to slap you like you don't already feel crappy enough

My life has been so **** from the start
Oh no, why are your parents refusing? perhaps try asking them why they are refusing when they are calm and explain your situation. Do you live alone? or with your parents ?

Just calm down and remember there is always s solution to each problem. Maybe talk to a family member to have a chat with your parents. Trust my safety is worth every penny you spend on it. Have you explained the problem to your parents ?

I wish I wasn’t alive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending