The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Library

Confession: I've just finished first year going onto second year ... I've never been to the library bc I was so scared into not knowing where it is/ how to get in/ where I can study in ect ect

"Oh well why didn't you go with friends may I ask?"

because i never bothered to make any lol im super picky with who i want as a friend and honestly uoy is just a bunch of northerners who think they're the shiii (im a londoner lmfao who am i to speak) but they're very racially segregated anyways im diverging from my main point

i have no friends and i need to ask if anyone knows or can help me get to the library lmfao im such a loser but i genuinely need it to get a 1st class and then move back to london (where my ppl @@@@@@) lmfao

ty sm xoxo
Original post by Izzy566
Confession: I've just finished first year going onto second year ... I've never been to the library bc I was so scared into not knowing where it is/ how to get in/ where I can study in ect ect

"Oh well why didn't you go with friends may I ask?"

because i never bothered to make any lol im super picky with who i want as a friend and honestly uoy is just a bunch of northerners who think they're the shiii (im a londoner lmfao who am i to speak) but they're very racially segregated anyways im diverging from my main point

i have no friends and i need to ask if anyone knows or can help me get to the library lmfao im such a loser but i genuinely need it to get a 1st class and then move back to london (where my ppl @@@@@@) lmfao

ty sm xoxo

Hi! What sort of things do you want to know? Is it how to take out books and/or finding a space to study? :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi! What sort of things do you want to know? Is it how to take out books and/or finding a space to study? :smile:

yeah like how do i get to it, where is it next to, where are the study spaces -- the maps dont help lol
Reply 3
Hey, I never went in the library first year either haha. So if you walk in the front where the automatic doors are, pretty much straight in front of you will be machines to scan either your physical student card or one on the app and before those are the doors to the library cafe which you can also study in. Then once you've scanned your card just turn left and you can either go up the stairs to the silent study area (Morell), or carry on walking straight down to the bottom and that's the chatty area (Fairhurst). all you need to do from there is reserve your seat on the app too. Hope that makes sense lol, honestly if you get lost just follow other people :smile:
Original post by Izzy566
yeah like how do i get to it, where is it next to, where are the study spaces -- the maps dont help lol

Hi!

@phh03 has pretty much covered it! The library is on Campus West. There's a bus stop with a large concrete bridge going over the road and the LIbrary is on the other side of the road than Market Square. It's a huge building so you can't miss it!

I'd suggest just going in and having a look around to get the feel of it and where everything is! The staff are super helpful so if you get lost or have any questions, just ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending