The Student Room Group

Is it okay to wear jeans at a kfc interview?

I have an interview at kfc next week but I don’t have any formal shoes that would look suitable with my formal trousers. Therefore the only trousers I can wear are my dark blue jeans. Will this be okay? Thanks for any advice
Original post by Anonymous
I have an interview at kfc next week but I don’t have any formal shoes that would look suitable with my formal trousers. Therefore the only trousers I can wear are my dark blue jeans. Will this be okay? Thanks for any advice

I've never had an interview that was worried about how you dress. As long as you look clean and tidy they won't care. Clean jeans beat dirty trousers, same with clean trainers vs dirty shoes.
Reply 2
Just pair the jeans with a polo shirt or something so it looks like you've made an effort. It's only KFC at the end of day.
Reply 3
Original post by Talon
Just pair the jeans with a polo shirt or something so it looks like you've made an effort. It's only KFC at the end of day.

Thank you for your advice! I thought of wearing a short sleeved button up shirt so it looks more formal but still works with jeans
Reply 4
Original post by LowBlowChloe
I've never had an interview that was worried about how you dress. As long as you look clean and tidy they won't care. Clean jeans beat dirty trousers, same with clean trainers vs dirty shoes.

That’s so true. Thank you for your advice :-)

My attitude when it comes to interviews is this.

You can never be overdressed for an interview but you can be underdressed.
Reply 6
Original post by Stumpy1001
My attitude when it comes to interviews is this.

You can never be overdressed for an interview but you can be underdressed.

What would you suggest in my case then? The issue is that I don’t have any formal shoes to go with my trousers, so is it better to wear more formal trousers with trainers or jeans with trainers instead (as jeans are more appropriate for trainers)?
What would you suggest in my case then? The issue is that I don’t have any formal shoes to go with my trousers, so is it better to wear more formal trousers with trainers or jeans with trainers instead (as jeans are more appropriate for trainers)?

cant you just buy some shoes?
Reply 8
Original post by Stumpy1001
cant you just buy some shoes?

I want to wait and get some more expensive and longer-lasting shoes for when I start college in September. I don’t want to buy some shoes for a 15 minute interview that I’ll never wear again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending