The Student Room Group

Photography

Can anyone help with these questions please it’s for my homework ..

Why do people take or make photography’s?

What skills do you need to be a good photographer?

How many different kinds of photography can you think of?

Can photographic images be trusted?

Are photographers also artists?

What kind of photography interests you most?

What confuses or frustrates you about photography?

When would it not be OK to take a photograph?

Thank you 😅
I have a 7 in GCSE photography and a A in a level photography. Ill try my best 😂
1. To capture memories. As a form of art. To tell a story.
2. Patience - not all photos will turn out as hoped and thats okay. It can also take a while to learn how to properly use a camera and to understand the settings. Creative - figure out how to create images that are unique, perhaps unusual.
3. Portrait, urban, rural, landscape, animal, wedding
4. Not always, photos can be easily manipulated with apps such as photoshop and facetune
5. Yes! Photography is a form of art because photographers *create* images.
6. Personally my favourite is landscape because i find these images are always stunning and make you feel like you are where the photo was taken, but this part should be your own opinion.
7. You could say the camera settings if you are new to photography? It can take a while to find the right settings for each shoot.
8. If youre photographing someones face without their consent. During an innapropriate time e.g. a funeral (random but all i could think of 😭)

I hope this helped! :smile:
Original post by Laurenalexa.x
I have a 7 in GCSE photography and a A in a level photography. Ill try my best 😂
1. To capture memories. As a form of art. To tell a story.
2. Patience - not all photos will turn out as hoped and thats okay. It can also take a while to learn how to properly use a camera and to understand the settings. Creative - figure out how to create images that are unique, perhaps unusual.
3. Portrait, urban, rural, landscape, animal, wedding
4. Not always, photos can be easily manipulated with apps such as photoshop and facetune
5. Yes! Photography is a form of art because photographers *create* images.
6. Personally my favourite is landscape because i find these images are always stunning and make you feel like you are where the photo was taken, but this part should be your own opinion.
7. You could say the camera settings if you are new to photography? It can take a while to find the right settings for each shoot.
8. If youre photographing someones face without their consent. During an innapropriate time e.g. a funeral (random but all i could think of 😭)

I hope this helped! :smile:

Omg thanks !!
How tf did you get an 7 for GCSES and A in a levels ?😭😭tips?
I’m thinking of taking it for a levels I’m trials it now and yeah but if I do end up taking it can you please let me know what you did to get a A😭
Original post by Lucy rowland
Omg thanks !!
How tf did you get an 7 for GCSES and A in a levels ?😭😭tips?
I’m thinking of taking it for a levels I’m trials it now and yeah but if I do end up taking it can you please let me know what you did to get a A😭

No problem!!
Omg i have no clue. I honestly expected to do average both times but i did really well 😂
Tips: 1. time management. One of the most important. Photography may be considered "easy" but its the subject that consumed most of my time. You cant leave work until the last minute or you wont get it done.
2. Take lotsss of pictures with lots of variation. Not too many but go over what you are asked (e.g. i was asked for at least 20 pics per artist - i usually did around 50-70, excessive i know lmao.)
3. Annotation is so important. Theres a lot of writing involved. I wrote the most in my class by far 😂 but remember quality over quantity. Also learn your key/buzz words and include them often! Also talk about what didnt work out well, it shows experimentation and progression in your work.
4. Try to make your book look more artsy. It makes it more visually attractive and interesting, also shows you put more effort in. E.g. i did a project on reflections so in my book i stuck "shards" of reflective paper around randomly to look like glass shards. You can also use paint, newspaper, jewels, ribbon, literally anything.

Ill leave you with that for now because thats a lot 😂 but yes ofc if you end up taking it im down to chat and offer more help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest