The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How can you be black listed at 16 you can’t even open a proper bank that has an overdraft or get a credit card to even get yourself into debt. What exactly did you do?
Reply 2
Original post by Ivyreign
How can you be black listed at 16 you can’t even open a proper bank that has an overdraft or get a credit card to even get yourself into debt. What exactly did you do?

Thanks for replying
I was with starling bank and I very very stupidly scammed someone off Twitter I told him that I am selling a gaming console and he asked how he should pay and I gave him my bank details and he transferred the money instantly I felt really really bad and I asked him that I could not send the gaming console anymore and I sent him the money back but the next day I got an email from starling bank saying that my account was being closed they gave me a 24 hour notice and since then I have not been able to open a bank account I’ve tried NatWest,Barclays,Santander,monzo,the co operative bank and I keep getting denied idk what to do I am starting college soon and I need my bursary fund to go into and account but I don’t have an account for it to go into what do I do please help is my life ruined i mad a very stupid mistake I didn’t know any less and it has had such an impact on my mental health I am constantly thinking about this please help
(edited 2 years ago)
I would go into the bank it’s self and explain the situation all though if you send the money back to the person straight away and you have proof of this there is no reason why they should have closed your bank
Why don’t you speak to your parents or guardian about it and see if they can help ?
Reply 5
Starling bank does not have any branches there a digital bank
Reply 6
I’ve spoke to my parents we called the bank but the bank keeps shutting us out
Have you tried Halifax they have a lot of walk in branches. There just me more too this story. You don’t get black listed for selling a console then sending the money and then deciding not to send it and giving the money back
If you have a CIFAS cat 6 marker you will have it for the next 6 years and mainstream banks will not let you have an account.
You can check whether you have one by making a data request DSAR to cifas and they will tell you what is on your file.
Reply 9
I’ve don’t that and I have cifas marker but I don’t know what to do I’m 16 and I made a terrible terrible mistake I can’t possibly wait 6 years my life is just beginning now I am really stressed is there nothing I can do
Original post by Rashad0129
I’ve don’t that and I have cifas marker but I don’t know what to do I’m 16 and I made a terrible terrible mistake I can’t possibly wait 6 years my life is just beginning now I am really stressed is there nothing I can do

There’s nothing that can be done about a properly applied cat 6 marker apart from wait it out really.
You may be able to find some prepaid card or accounts that you pay monthly for that will accept you.
Reply 11
I read somewhere that if you change your name you can apply for an bank and they will accept u
I read somewhere that if you change your name you can apply for an bank and they will accept u

Nope, that’s also fraud.
I’ve spoke to my parents we called the bank but the bank keeps shutting us out

Your only hope to get the Cifas marker removed is to convince the bank that they applied it inappropriately.

You need to raise a formal complaint with them -- see https://www.starlingbank.com/how-to-complain/ for how to do this. They will then need to investigate what has happened.

Raising a formal complaint will start the clock ticking. They have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint. If you're not satisfied with the result, or 8 weeks have passed without the complaint being resolved, you can take the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If the bank did apply the marker appropriately -- then you'll just have to sit out the six years till it expires.
Ive been blacklisted and can’t get accepted by any uk bank?
What do I do please help I’m 16 years old and have done fraud not knowing what i was getting into now my bank has been closed and I have been blacklisted is my life ruined

Please stop cross posting this thread. Once is enough.
Ive been blacklisted and can’t get accepted by any uk bank?
What do I do please help I’m 16 years old and have done fraud not knowing what i was getting into now my bank has been closed and I have been blacklisted is my life ruined

Get a prepaid card or go credit union you could use a family or friends account for the next 6 years
Reply 16
Original post by struggler07
you could use a family or friends account for the next 6 years

Not with a Cifas marker! Other people will then get their accounts shut down.
Original post by Surnia
Not with a Cifas marker! Other people will then get their accounts shut down.

I’ve got a cifas marker my benefits been getting paid to my mums account for 2 years now nothing’s happened
if you gave the money back i don't see the big deal
I had a cifas marker at 23 2 years ago lol

Latest

Trending

Trending