The Student Room Group

Is the Physics and Maths tutor flashcards good for a levels?

Should I use the flashcards from physics and maths tutor a level biology? It contains notes that are beyond the specification such as exocytosis and it has a possible error. It claims that glycogen is also found in plants and I can't find anywhere in the web that says it does.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Also here
https://biodifferences.com/difference-between-cellulose-starch-and-glycogen.html

But what is correct because I read a source that says it is never found in plants
Reply 3
Please help
the second source says that glycogen is present in plants that do not contain chlorophyll, so your sources do not contradict each other
Reply 5
But it isn't mentioned in wikipedia
Reply 6
It isn't mentioned in any if my textbooks so for my A levels should I just say it isn't? And in my distant learning source it says that plants do not store glycogen.
i won't say they're bad but don't rely just on them for revision
I think rather saying that it isn't in plants, say that the main storage polysaccharide for animals is glycogen, whereas the main storage polysaccharide for plants is starch
or something like that
Reply 9
Why?What should I use then?I'm doing maths, biology and chemistry aqa.I have the cgp textbooks for all of them and the aqa approved ones
Reply 10
Bump
Original post by Mad Man
Why?What should I use then?I'm doing maths, biology and chemistry aqa.I have the cgp textbooks for all of them and the aqa approved ones

don't just use pm. use yt, savemyexam (i don't think they have content for all boards) , cgp guide and class notes, literally anything you could find
Reply 12
Original post by summerbirdreads
don't just use pm. use yt, savemyexam (i don't think they have content for all boards) , cgp guide and class notes, literally anything you could find

I was told that they were very good.
Reply 13
Also this doesn't explain the extra content such as exocytosis and such.
Original post by Mad Man
I was told that they were very good.

no. I'm not saying PMT is not good, they are but don't use only them , use other resources as well
Reply 15
Original post by summerbirdreads
no. I'm not saying PMT is not good, they are but don't use only them , use other resources as well

I am. I'm currently using ANKII to retype the flashcards and using other sources to make new flashcards using active recall and spaced repetition
Reply 16
Bump
Original post by Mad Man
Bump

STOP bumping your thread - it's against the rules.

Many people don't find commercial flash cards at all useful - save your money.
it's fine to use them along with other resources and your specification. if something comes up on the PMT revision cards that is definitely not on your spec then there is no need to learn/revise it, might be interesting to look into if you want to
Original post by Muttley79
Many people don't find commercial flash cards at all useful - save your money.

umm if you're talking about PMT, it's free actually

Quick Reply

Latest