The Student Room Group

Where to apply for medicine entry 2022

Hello Everyone

I would really appreciate any help in refining choices for medical school entry 2022.

My head is spinning from the research I have been doing and any expert advice would be great.

GCSE GRADES

9999999988 ( Grade 9s in 3 sciences, maths plus others and grade 8s in English Lang & Spanish)

UCAT

VR 580
DM 680
QM 740
AR 740
Total 2740
SJT Band 2

State school attended for GCSE
POLAR4 quintile 4

Predicted A levels A*A*A*

Having looked at UCAT cut offs, GCSE heavy criteria etc and overall scoring cut offs thinking of a short list of Birmingham, Manchester, Aston, Leicester, HYMS, Liverpool- realistic chance if interview?

Thoughts on Lincoln as I reckon 116 based on my research, risky?

I am missing any obvious choices (preference for Midlands and Northern unis)

Thank you in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Packet1968
Hello Everyone

I would really appreciate any help in refining choices for medical school entry 2022.

My head is spinning from the research I have been doing and any expert advice would be great.

GCSE GRADES

9999999988 ( Grade 9s in 3 sciences, maths plus others and grade 8s in English Lang & Spanish)

UCAT

VR 580
DM 680
QM 740
AR 740
Total 2740
SJT Band 2

State school attended for GCSE
POLAR4 quintile 4

Predicted A levels A*A*A*

Having looked at UCAT cut offs, GCSE heavy criteria etc and overall scoring cut offs thinking of a short list of Birmingham, Manchester, Aston, Leicester, HYMS, Liverpool- realistic chance if interview?

Thoughts on Lincoln as I reckon 116 based on my research, risky?

I am missing any obvious choices (preference for Midlands and Northern unis)

Thank you in advance

Your ucat and grades are amazing so you can really apply most places you want, just choose what looks best to you
Your stats ashould be fine for most places. Just avoid UCAT heavy medical schools like Newcastle (cutoff was 2820 last year), Bristol, Glasgow (2830 for RUK).
Reply 3
Original post by hungrysalamander
Your stats ashould be fine for most places. Just avoid UCAT heavy medical schools like Newcastle (cutoff was 2820 last year), Bristol, Glasgow (2830 for RUK).

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me , much appreciated
Reply 4
Original post by Kffh
Your ucat and grades are amazing so you can really apply most places you want, just choose what looks best to you

Thank you so much!
Could you tell me what unis are the best choices for me to apply with my stats?
Predictions: 4 A*s
GCSEs: 9999999988
UCAT: 2920 Band 3
Vr- 510
Ar- 860
Qr- 860
Dm- 690
I am also planning on taking the BMAT
Work experience: volunteering at the hospital, virtual gp placement, virtual clinic placement, and volunteering at the charity shop
I have also attended super curricular courses for medicine at different
unis
I am thinking of applying at -
- University of Glasgow
- Dundee University
- Kings
- Birmingham
- Newcastle

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending