The Student Room Group

Scholarships at OIC

Hellooo, would it be possible to be providing some infos about scholarships at OIC, I think that the boarding and the tuition are pretty pricey. Is there someone you know or any of your friends that holds the scholarship, and it is really that tough to hold the scholarship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by exorcistpumpkin
Hey, I'm a new student this year about to arrive. I'm pumped to be doing A-Level here but heard it is pretty intensive. How is it actually going to be and any general tips? Also, are there any books left by older students or any ways I can find textbooks for a cheap? BTW, I'm doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. :smile:

Hiii, how was it at OIC? Im thinking about applying there :smile: would be great if u could provide some infos!!
Original post by na.minnie
Hellooo, would it be possible to be providing some infos about scholarships at OIC, I think that the boarding and the tuition are pretty pricey. Is there someone you know or any of your friends that holds the scholarship, and it is really that tough to hold the scholarship?

Hi, I myself had a scholarship and to be eligible you need to have a good academic record and extracurricular involvement. I don't know how hard it is to get one since I had 100% record of good grades.
Hope it helps
Reply 3
Original post by littlemoons2
Hi, I myself had a scholarship and to be eligible you need to have a good academic record and extracurricular involvement. I don't know how hard it is to get one since I had 100% record of good grades.
Hope it helps

How many percent of scholarship did you get? And is it harsh to be having a scholarship? Because I read the terms and conditions about it and you need to have high academic and super super high punctuality. Thank you so much for replying. I really really really appreciateee
Reply 4
Original post by Boopsandbops
Do you mind telling me how the entrance exams and the interview was like? Because i’m hoping to be doing the same subjects as you but i don’t really see any the threads here from people who have gone/are going to oic

Hello! how was the entrance exams? I also want to apply to OIC!! Did you get offered any scholarships since I think that it is pretty exp :smile:
Hiiiii, I also want to apply for the scholarship, I can answer your questions since they are on the website. May I ask where you are from? I am an international student!

The scholarship is the same as entrance test you just have to indicate you want it during application.
The boarding and tuition are separated you can go and see you the term date fees and scholarships.

OIC offers host family (but you do have to find it yourself) but you have to pay 4500 pounds for just not being in the provided accommodation. Which I think is pretty pricey along with the acceptance deposit which is around 10500 pounds (I think it is sooo exp)

The scholarship application process I am not so sure.. Maybe we can create a thread or chat together more since we both want to go there with host and scholarship!!

I am from west Surrey which is not that far from oxford. It is about an hour or two hours drive away. I have a few friends who already go to OIC and they say that it is very heavy academically. They do weekly exams every Saturday with 9am to 6pm school hours. They also said that if you get anything under an AAB in your chosen A-level subjects after your first year, you will be kicked out. The reason I am saying this is because this shows that they have high expectations for full-tuition students and therefore the expectations will be even higher for scholarship students. Despite this I will be willing to take on the challenge. As the scholarship only pays tuition, I am currently looking more for a sponsor instead of a scholarship. Maybe you can give me some contact information ( Instagram, snapchat, e.t.c) as I’m not very active on TheStudentRoom much. That way we can share potential sponsors we have found. Best of luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Oliver Knightley
I am from west Surrey which is not that far from oxford. It is about an hour or two hours drive away. I have a few friends who already go to OIC and they say that it is very heavy academically. They do weekly exams every Saturday with 9am to 6pm school hours. They also said that if you get anything under an AAB in your chosen A-level subjects after your first year, you will be kicked out. The reason I am saying this is because this shows that they have high expectations for full-tuition students and therefore the expectations will be even higher for scholarship students. Despite this I will be willing to take on the challenge. As the scholarship only pays tuition, I am currently looking more for a sponsor instead of a scholarship. Maybe you can give me some contact information ( Instagram, snapchat, e.t.c) as I’m not very active on TheStudentRoom much. That way we can share potential sponsors we have found. Best of luck!

Do you think that as getting a scholarship, do you think that it would be so pressuring like what if you don't get 85% on your exams will you then be kicked out straight away? I think getting an AAB for full tuition student and scholarship student is the same thing, if you receive an AAB then you would be taken away from the scholarship and as well as being kicked out I think. Btw, what's your insta, I'll add you!
Do you think that as getting a scholarship, do you think that it would be so pressuring like what if you don't get 85% on your exams will you then be kicked out straight away? I think getting an AAB for full tuition student and scholarship student is the same thing, if you receive an AAB then you would be taken away from the scholarship and as well as being kicked out I think. Btw, what's your insta, I'll add you!

I do think I will find it pressuring. My friends there say that there is a lot of academic pressure, however I find this appealing. I believe that in college, no matter how good or bad your teachers are, your grades will depend on how well you study and teach yourself. I don’t want to brag but personally I believe I have amazing academic potential, the only problem is I do not have the self-discipline to achieve this; thats why I am hoping that OIC will be able to help me reach that. My instagram is oknightley by the way, and my profile picture is perry the platypus 😁
Reply 8
I do think I will find it pressuring. My friends there say that there is a lot of academic pressure, however I find this appealing. I believe that in college, no matter how good or bad your teachers are, your grades will depend on how well you study and teach yourself. I don’t want to brag but personally I believe I have amazing academic potential, the only problem is I do not have the self-discipline to achieve this; thats why I am hoping that OIC will be able to help me reach that. My instagram is oknightley by the way, and my profile picture is perry the platypus 😁

okie. how many percent you think you aiming for? :smile:
Hiii, how was it at OIC? Im thinking about applying there :smile: would be great if u could provide some infos!!

Hey Minnie,

Feel free to ask any questions about the school.

PS. Guessing from your username are you from Thailand?
okie. how many percent you think you aiming for? :smile:

Well I am aiming for 100% as I know that will be the only way to convince my parents let me study there, however I am hoping I will be able to find that as my computer science teacher has a lot of connections and she is very passionate about helping me reach my maximum potential, realistically I will only be able to find 50% though, but that mixed with the scholarship (if I achieved it) will be able to cover tuition and boarding fees, how much are you aiming for?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Well I am aiming for 100% as I know that will be the only way to convince my parents let me study there, however I am hoping I will be able to find that as my computer science teacher has a lot of connections and she is very passionate about helping me reach my maximum potential, realistically I will only be able to find 50% though, but that mixed with the scholarship (if I achieved it) will be able to cover tuition and boarding fees, how much are you aiming for?

I think the most offered by OIC is 50%? I Ama iming for like 30-40 but if I get 50 then that would be super super good. What year are you in? Im in year10 so Im gonna go there during my A levels
Reply 12
Original post by exorcistpumpkin
Hey Minnie,

Feel free to ask any questions about the school.

PS. Guessing from your username are you from Thailand?

I'm not from Thailand ahahh. I'm from Korea.

What year are u studying at OIC rn?
I think the boarding and the tuition is pretty pricey and I just kinda want to help my parents, maybe just 10 percent of scholarship will make them happy (that I try to do stuff by myself rather than having everything being dependent on them) Do you know any of your friends or anyone that has been offered a scholarship at OIC? And are friends and the rules and stuffs like that strict I heard that if your test score falls below 85% then your scholarship will be taken away? I think I do find that pretty pressuring tho.. Like what if you get 70% or smth just because you're not so good and that topic?
I think the most offered by OIC is 50%? I Ama iming for like 30-40 but if I get 50 then that would be super super good. What year are you in? Im in year10 so Im gonna go there during my A levels

Its 100% of tuition, no scholarship for boarding fees which makes it 50%, im in year 11, the academic year before I go off to college. You will enter the year after me if we both (hopefully) end up making it!!
Reply 14
Its 100% of tuition, no scholarship for boarding fees which makes it 50%, im in year 11, the academic year before I go off to college. You will enter the year after me if we both (hopefully) end up making it!!

Where did you ge the 100% from? I was just wondering lolol because like the admissions said that the most is like.. 50% they said it's varied from 10 - 50 % If I got that right.. I'm confused now ahahah. And yessss!! I hope we meet there. And also.. you're gonna do host accommodation, right?
I just took a look, I think I have been misinformed, I can’t find any information on scholarships apart from the fact that the scholarships are for tuition fees only. I may do host family but I may also board there, I’m not completely sure yet. I am also applying for a full scholarship at Eton College and it is looking pretty good so far, so even though I would prefer to go to OIC I may not due to the costs. I’m hoping I can find a sponsor though :smile:
Reply 16
I just took a look, I think I have been misinformed, I can’t find any information on scholarships apart from the fact that the scholarships are for tuition fees only. I may do host family but I may also board there, I’m not completely sure yet. I am also applying for a full scholarship at Eton College and it is looking pretty good so far, so even though I would prefer to go to OIC I may not due to the costs. I’m hoping I can find a sponsor though :smile:

:frown: I really hope you can come to OIC ahahah. The school gives 50% scholarship tho.. but I think the expensive part is not the tuition lmaoo I think it's the deposits like acceptance deposit is pretty exp :frown:
:frown: I really hope you can come to OIC ahahah. The school gives 50% scholarship tho.. but I think the expensive part is not the tuition lmaoo I think it's the deposits like acceptance deposit is pretty exp :frown:

yeah, its crazy that you have to pay an extra £25 just to know you got accepted!!

im hoping my potential sponsor will be able to cover that too though

and correct me if im wrong, but isn’t the price different for international students compared to english citizens?
Reply 18
yeah, its crazy that you have to pay an extra £25 just to know you got accepted!!

im hoping my potential sponsor will be able to cover that too though

and correct me if im wrong, but isn’t the price different for international students compared to english citizens?

no, idts, I haven't seen any of prices that differ from international student to uk students think that's because all are mostly international students?? what is the sponsor the you're talking about??
Reply 19
Original post by littlemoons2
Hope it helps

Hey are there many people that have been offered a scholarship to go there? I just don't wanna be a minority in the skl and btw how many percent did u get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending