The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP! Elective changes

Hi, I am a 1st year student at university and currently thinking of changing the elective as I don’t enjoy the course, I am way behind with the content and overwhelmed. However, it is now too late to do so. (I have asked my personal tutor)
The module I have chosen is worth 20 credits and I have to get 120 a year. Do you think it is a wise idea to drop this module for this semester so that i get 40 credits for the 1st semester and 80 credits for the 2nd? Or are there any other better ways I can do?

Thanks!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by aoi_0613
Hi, I am a 1st year student at university and currently thinking of changing the elective as I don’t enjoy the course, I am way behind with the content and overwhelmed. However, it is now too late to do so. (I have asked my personal tutor)
The module I have chosen is worth 20 credits and I have to get 120 a year. Do you think it is a wise idea to drop this module for this semester so that i get 40 credits for the 1st semester and 80 credits for the 2nd? Or are there any other better ways I can do?

Thanks!

Are you even allowed to take a 40-80 split?

Does this module count towards your degree? How is it assessed?
Thank you for your reply.

I haven’t asked about 40-80 split. However, the course organiser of the module I was thinking to swap suggested that I could drop the module I’m doing now for this semester and start a preferred module from semester 2. She also said that the work load will not be in balance so that I’ll be busy in 2nd semester) so I suppose we can do 40-80?

No, it should be like an optional module and it can be unrelated to my degree.
if you feel you can cope with 80 credits in S2 then go for it
^This

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending