Reply 61
Original post by JoshWalters
@GANFYD could you confirm this, please? :smile:

They used 8 GCSEs last year, I believe
Original post by GANFYD
They used 8 GCSEs last year, I believe

and it was scored out of 24 right? x
Hey guys,
For the past week I've been trying to submit my A2L form but the site keeps saying there's a technical error. Has this happened to you too?

If by the end of October the problem is still persisting I plan on submitting the form by email.

Are you also having the same issue?
Original post by golden_jams
Hey guys,
For the past week I've been trying to submit my A2L form but the site keeps saying there's a technical error. Has this happened to you too?

If by the end of October the problem is still persisting I plan on submitting the form by email.

Are you also having the same issue?

Hi, I've also been trying to submit the form but have been experiencing the same technical issue. I emailed them this morning and received an automated response - "We are aware that there is a technical issue for some applicants when trying to submit the form, this is being investigated. Please hold on to your application form for now and you will be able to upload once this has been rectified". I thought I was the only one having the issue!

Hopefully it'll all be sorted soon :smile:
Original post by mmmrrrccc
Would these stats be okay?

GCSE - 1A*, 8A’s, 1B
A level - AAC
Degree - first class achieved

Depends on your A-level subjects and degree

Their website states 'A 2.1 or greater in an undergraduate degree which contains the equivalent of level 3 Biology or Chemistry plus 3 A levels at grade C or above. A 2.1 or greater in a degree without level 3 Biology or Chemistry will require a B or above in Chemistry or Biology, and C or above in 2 other subjects. If Chemistry is not offered then Physics or Maths must also be offered to grade B or above.' :smile:
Original post by benmathewjoseph
I keep seeing the

I just wanted to clarify the difference between as level grades and predicted, I thought they were the same thing. Is AS grades the grades that you probably achieved from the year 12 end of year mock, or is it the same as predicted.

No AS levels are a formal set of exams taken at year 12 which used to be taken in England and are still taken in some countries such as NI and Wales (I think they still take them)
I'm thinking of putting Leeds down since I didn't do too well in the UCAT but am hoping to do better in the BMAT. I'm a gap year student and failed to get in last year due to the interview .... whats the interview process like at Leeds...?

The odds are dismal just like all the universities - everyone fighting over the few places offered and with more people applying this year its every worse. Any help on the interviews will really be appreciate?..
Reply 68
Original post by amirhabib13
I'm thinking of putting Leeds down since I didn't do too well in the UCAT but am hoping to do better in the BMAT. I'm a gap year student and failed to get in last year due to the interview .... whats the interview process like at Leeds...?

The odds are dismal just like all the universities - everyone fighting over the few places offered and with more people applying this year its every worse. Any help on the interviews will really be appreciate?..

I believe no one is allowed to tell you anything specific about the interviews or the questions they ask other than publicly available information.

I think Leeds have said this year the interviews will be online and will be in an MMI format.
Sorry just saw the first message...
Hi guys, would it be worth me applying to Leeds?
My GCSE'S are all 9's and my a level predicitions are A*A*A

What would my leeds score be?
Reply 71
Original post by mdolphin
Hi guys, would it be worth me applying to Leeds?
My GCSE'S are all 9's and my a level predicitions are A*A*A

What would my leeds score be?

You would have a pretty solid score as long as you get an alright or amazing score on BMAT you should be pretty good for an interview.
Original post by SyedN
You would have a pretty solid score as long as you get an alright or amazing score on BMAT you should be pretty good for an interview.

What would an alright score be on the BMAT? I've worked out I get full academic points for my degree and GCSE's but I'm struggling with the BMAT. Based on last year for an interview I'd only need 2/5 on the BMAT - do you know roughly what that could be?
Reply 73
Original post by mmmrrrccc
What would an alright score be on the BMAT? I've worked out I get full academic points for my degree and GCSE's but I'm struggling with the BMAT. Based on last year for an interview I'd only need 2/5 on the BMAT - do you know roughly what that could be?

It changes every year because Leeds do not look at BMAT scores nationally, they just look at the scores of the people who apply there and then rank them with the 20% getting the full 5 points and the bottom 20% getting 1 point.
Hi guys
So I have a slight stutter when I speak
Do you think this will jeporadise or compromise my interview
And make me get less points in communications. In the interview
Thanks
Hey guys,

I heard the BMAT is ranked against other candidates applying for Leeds and not nationally. Does that make much of a difference? Do people applying for Leeds tend to score higher so would you need a higher score?
Original post by Anon9727
Hi guys
So I have a slight stutter when I speak
Do you think this will jeporadise or compromise my interview
And make me get less points in communications. In the interview
Thanks

Of course not best of luck
Reply 77
hey where did u get this info from? i have been trying to get info about the actual scoring system for leeds for ages :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey guys,
When adding my top 8 GCSEs they both include maths and also further maths. Would they only use one of them or can they use both? I know for eg: Leicester only take the highest from the two and just uses that one
Thanks
Hi everyone - do we know yet if the scoring system is the same as last year? It's obviously quite late in the cycle so could they still change it without publishing the system? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending