The Student Room Group

✨tazmeen's world-vol 1✨(gyg)

┌─── 。゚★: *.☪ .* :☆゚. ───┐
tazmeen's world
vol.1
└─── 。゚★: *.☪ .* :☆゚.───┘

prologue<3

no because i actually can't believe i'm finally doing this omg omg

i've actually really wanted to do a gyg since like year 9 and i've been waiting so patiently to start one and so here i am!!

alright lets get going

hi. my name is tazmeen. i'm 16 and i'm in year 11. i decided to make a gyg bc it seemed fun? and a great way to keep track of my progress so (depending on how this goes), i can look back at this and be like 'wow i had nothing to worry about'

a couple of warnings:

i'm not that bothered about spelling and punctuation for this and might jump in and out of using correct grammar and punctuation so if ur annoyed by that, then sorry this isn't the gyg for u :h:

i have a tendency to use inappropriate language so yeah just a small warning hehe

let's get to the interesting part now :aetsch:

A formal introduction (with all the information about me you guys are *dying* to know)

I'm Tazmeen! I'm your average Bengali 16 year old with mental health issues ✌🏽 School has never really been the best for me. It's not the fact that I struggle academically or anything (lies, well i do...ish), it's just that I struggle to make friends and keep them. It's just everyone I become friends with either drifts or becomes super toxic. I mean...I go to a private school what did I expect?

ANYWAYS-
(end of sob story)

Here are all my subjects, predicteds and personal targets <3

Spoiler

Spoiler

Some of my hobbies include

reading GOD READING I LOVE IT

learning languages

and thats about it (i do have more things that i love to do, like annoy my little brother, who is 11 and stuff like that but yeah didnt think i should include it):bee:

Things I wanna change

-The fact that i'm always leaving revision to the very end (yeah defo not good at this point in my school career
-Self-discipline-once this is solved, everything will fall into place inshallah
-Somehow get better at english. that anthology will be the death of me istg

A-level options

I genuinely want to cry whenever i think about this. i felt like yesterday i joined year 7 and it feels so weird seeing all these year 11s here and being like 'oh they're my age'. i feel like a year 6 trapped in a year 11s body and now i have to think about a-levels?? the fact i won't see the same people that i always do when i enter the common room?? scary scary scary. its just that we're such a small year (60) im close w everyone

anyways heres what im thinking about for a-alevels hhhhh :afraid:

-Chemistry
-Maths (quite funny bc at the start of y10 i was adamant that i wouldn't be doing it lolsies)
-French
-Sociology

I want to do law at either oxford or kcl!! thought it would be useful to let yall know the long term goal yk?

oh and did i mention i was HEAD GIRL??!?! yeah keep that one in mind

you like what you see?:bl:

then let me know if you want to be tagged in further posts (will try to do one main summary post every weekend, meaning there will be one tomorrow or sunday, with smaller, shorter updates a further once or twice a week!!)

tomorrows post will literally be intro pt.2 bc i would've remembered so many other stuff i wanted to put it lmfao but yeah i got some nice ideas for my gyg lol

bye yall <3
(edited 2 years ago)
Omgggggg hiiiii girl ur just like me omgggg UR GRADES ARE SOOOO GOOD MASHA ALLAHHHHH I wish u the best in lifeeee 💛
Reply 2
Original post by YouAreEnough
Omgggggg hiiiii girl ur just like me omgggg UR GRADES ARE SOOOO GOOD MASHA ALLAHHHHH I wish u the best in lifeeee 💛

omg omg hihihi!! absjsghsh thank u thank u and you too!! <333
Reply 3
Chapter 1: exams and possibly covid??<3

i'm barely a month into school and i already want to throw myself of a cliff <3

so lets start with the most important issue of all: exams:bawling:

god okay so these ones were actually okay because they barely tested us on anything - it was only the stuff we had learnt that year however my last exam was biology but i don't think that went v well-yikes. i guess we'll see in 2 weeks time when school starts again hehe

i did, however, get some of my results back. I got a 9 in geography after finding out my teacher didnt count my marks properly (i would literally do anything to get to the next grade dont come at me). in chemistry i got 39/45 so thats 86% idk the grade boundaries tho bc my chem teacher keeps going on abt how grades arent important in the autumn assesment LIKE YES THEY ARE PLS SHUT UP AND GIVE US THE GRADE BOUNDARIES :mob:

okay now moving on to the covid situation...

my manifesting may have gone a bit too far bc now i have ended up w a positive lateral flow test and am currently awaiting pcr results

lets wind back a bit shall we?

so basically i felt a bit off, runny nose and sore throat yk the usual fluish symptoms and so my mum was like yo take a flow test and i for once decided to listen to her bc i had nothing to do

and so i took the flow test

now what i mean by manifesting and ****, basically whenever i take a lateral flow test, i always stare at the stick thing and go 'what if there will be 2 lines?' 'is that a 2nd line i see' and obviously 99% of the time there was only one line (thank god)

when i saw the lines, i literally couldn't believe it and began sobbing so hard and i tried to tell my mum (who thought i was joking bc tbf i do that a lot) but she couldnt understand me while i was literally on the verge of a panic attack oopsies <3

and yeah my dad is going off to bangladesh for two weeks which is also great i guess BUT STILL GODDAMMIT COVID!!

maybe next time ill dive into all my friendship and love life issues lolololol how does that sound?

ill give you an update when the pcr results come in!!

bye yall <3
(edited 1 year ago)
Hiiiiiiii this looks so sick I’ll be watching :smile: Congrats on those amazing results too!
COVID’s spreading through our year like crazy - don’t worry! I guess our year‘s just destined to miss lots of exciting trips and opportunities, especially in school. We’ve already missed a trip to France, another to Berlin, a geography residential and many more :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Icosagon
Hiiiiiiii this looks so sick I’ll be watching :smile: Congrats on those amazing results too!
COVID’s spreading through our year like crazy - don’t worry! I guess our year‘s just destined to miss lots of exciting trips and opportunities, especially in school. We’ve already missed a trip to France, another to Berlin, a geography residential and many more :frown:

awh ty ty <3 tbh i think my schools just stretching it a lot yk? so im not expecting the same results but i just need them to be all above 7s lolol

yeah our school too like all of year 8 went home 2 days before half term (which tbh did nothing bc like we were already breaking up for half term) so yh schools logic was a bit off w that one. on top of that theres been like huge groups of covid cases in every year now. its also the same w trips-we've missed out on the spanish exchange in year 9 and yh the geo residential which will apparently be substituted w a day out to london so im okay on that one. we've just missed out on so much in general i kind of want a do over :/
Reply 6
update yall: i got the pcr results back and i came back positive <333 totally did not sob again for another hour lololol:awesome:

also had a bit of an eye-opening experience. everyone on tiktok says that student room is full of high achievers and people who say they don't know theyre good and underplay themselves just to get attention which is totally the opposite of what i thought lmfao

maybe ive been on the wrong side of student room hahahah

anyways ayyy so now im <3 isolating <3

mental health is going down the drain i can tell u that :thumbsup:
Original post by TazmeenX
awh ty ty <3 tbh i think my schools just stretching it a lot yk? so im not expecting the same results but i just need them to be all above 7s lolol

yeah our school too like all of year 8 went home 2 days before half term (which tbh did nothing bc like we were already breaking up for half term) so yh schools logic was a bit off w that one. on top of that theres been like huge groups of covid cases in every year now. its also the same w trips-we've missed out on the spanish exchange in year 9 and yh the geo residential which will apparently be substituted w a day out to london so im okay on that one. we've just missed out on so much in general i kind of want a do over :/

PRSOM
Reply 8
Chapter 2: self-isolation :')

well...self isolation and having covid isnt that great yall ://

i still cannot believe that i had covid and i dont mean that in 'ive been so clean and careful' way, although i have been clean and careful, i mean it in a 'wowowow so ive actually had it?? *THE* coronavirus??' way. its been kinda lonely and detrimental on my mental health ngl.:cool:

i did muster up the courage to call the cahms place to tell them that im a bit messed up in the head pls help. (the doc told me to do so like last year) and that was after i called up the wrong place lmfao you don't understand how embarrassed i was

okay so lets get going on what ive been doing this last week oh and btw ive tested negative now yay!!:headbang:

right so not much has happened. i got covid and then my mum did and so i had to take care of her since my dad is all the way in bangladesh for work. ive been moping around doing nothing and eating oranges for the most part. (that vitamin c better do something good for my skin or im throwing a fit istg)

ive slowly been doing some work and by that i mean ive made a dent into the huge 'i need to read this list' and guess what amazing book ive started with!!!

unnamed (1).jpg
other than that i have been doing some korean! ive a pretty big languages geek. right now im learning french, korean, arabic and bengali (reading and writing). in the future i really want to learn mandarin, japanese, and perhaps german and hindi. i also want to resume spanish after dropping it last year. my back up if i dont do law is to either teach english in another country (korea or some other asian country) or do something languagey yk?

unnamed (2).jpg

i have english coursework i REALLY need to hand in and i also need to draft out stuff for model UN and i really cannot be asked and its a fat problem :shot:

does anyone know how to make images smaller btw :')

and thats pretty much it for now!! thanks for reading hehe. pls lmk what u wanna hear from me and sh*t. also, lmk if u wanna be tagged!! like just say 'pls tag me' or something clear like that lol <3

hehe bye everyone :rose:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Chapter 3: exams aftermath and more

okay so its been a week or two since my last update BUT that isn't to say i have forgotten abt my gyg. hellll noooo

ive been super busy with exams and uhhh what happened after them and everything in between lol i can tell you now its a bit of a rollercoaster!!

assesments
okay so when i did my assesments i thought they went pretty well ngl and yeah that reflected in my grades but being that person who puts a lot of pressure on themselves + really pushy parents, some of my assessment grades were a bit meh imo. so here are the grades i have gotten back so far

Spoiler

well i mean writing these all out made me feel better lol anyways moving on

sixth form taster day
so on monday, we had a 6th form taster day. i had an extinestial crisis bc these days more and more people are talking abt 6th form and i just dont want everyone to leave i want us all to stay together but like that isnt going to happn and time is just going so quickly and i feel like im not enjoying myself as much as i should be bc i keep thinking about how this time next year i wont be in school uniform and ill be in sixth form and sometimes i feel like im making a wrong decision about staying at my current school and if i should think about applying for a different school but then again its only 2 years and maybe its just the fact that everyones going in and out of school for interviews and what if im not making the rught choices abt my alevels this is why i hate talking abt the future bc it makes me overthink like crazy *sigh*

yeah so that was interesting

i did my scholarship papers and the core ones went okay but my french one was like agbhsjhdgs i shouldve done maths or food for my scholarship paper lolsies anyway-

we were originally an all girls school but we're now coed but its still taking its time to roll in and there were only like 4 boys at the taster day. lol they were all so quiet and showed literally no interest in me when i talked to them which was kinda rude ngl

the subject taster sessions were also super cool and im slightly more sure abt what ill be taking

and then i went shopping for new shoes which was defo the highlight hehe

life in general
well yeah i guess everythings going okay. im getting worried abt mocks and gcses bc it literally felt like yesterday i joined in year 7 and now im doing gcses but okay-

also im feeling a little insecure about my position as head girl lmfao in our meetings, the deputies always have more to say than me and i always feel kind of outspoken lol i know its a me problem but still ://

also my crush keeps leading me on and giving me mixed signal and for what? what is the reason? is she confused? does she like me or does she not like me? and then my 2nd crush is suddenly showing me attention again which is odd but now ive kind of gotten the ick after i found out she may be involved w a group of people who are being nasty to one of my bestf and thats a big nonono but then again i need to check that out fully

(she was so hot...and for what?)

model un
genuinely the worst mistake of my life.

who let me do this

who in their right mind allowed me to partake in this one thing that is currently causing me intense stress

so we had our opening ceremony today and tomorrow is our first comittee hearing then theres one on sunday, then another two next sat and sun and just ughhh i wanna be able to enjoy my last couple normal weeks here like pls i want to cry

but yeah i guess thats it for this week :smile: now i defo need to get my head down and do some work then continue watching modern family!!

bye yall!! <3
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
Chapter 4: sixth form crisis :/

sooo i keep forgetting to sit down and actually write something sjdhdhjsj my commitment issues be showing even through my grow your grades sjdhdjh

FIRST OF ALL-I GOT A 9 IN FOOD FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE YEAR 7 HOLY SHMOLY ITS A MIRACLE IM TELLING YOU

okay now we move on to the ultimate sixth form crisis

so i was so set on staying at my current school but then my mind just went brrr after seeing so many people from my class go to interviews and open evenings and so i sat down and thought about it and now guess what? i wanna kinda move school ajshskjhsgsh

yeah ik ive thought abt it for a couple of months but now ive applied to another school im acc quite interested in-kendrick. lol my brother goes to reading school which is like a 5 min walk so it would defo help my parents w the school run. also they have pretty amazing results and also i cant apply to any private sixth forms bc of busary deadlines so yeah that happened yikes and now it feels weird thinking that this time next year i could be in a totally different school :bird:

hhhh more and more teachers are finally talking about mocks and its not that its like freaking me out but at the same time i wanna get better grades and the fact that i might not get good grades scares me lol. i really just wanna up my science grades and maintain the rest.

the weekend was pretty chill if anyone was wondering lol. i FINALLY finished model UN and god so many people did a whole 360 on us, changing their views last minute and thank god we came to a resolution like holy shet i thought that someone would like veto it sjdhsjhd. other than that, it was very nice ngl:gthumb:

so uhhh rn im sitting opposite my crush while we're in hw club sjdhdsk oh and last night i fted my other crush and helped her w stuff for school (selina if u see this I WAS GOING TO TELL YOU OKAY)

sorry yall this weeks post is a bit of a mess ngl just bc i needed to get stuff down for the last week but like nothing too interesting happened so unfortunately i have nothing much else to say and i wanna get some work done hhhh i also wouldve attached pictures and all that lovely stuff but uhm its a bit difficult rn bc im in the middle of school and if any teacher was to see me w my phone in the middle of the library it would get <3confiscated<3:dancing:

mwah i love you all <3 stay safe and make sure to eat and drink enough!! you're loved and you should take care of yourself hehehehe yeah i just went softie on yall heheh

tazmeen <3
Reply 11
Chapter 5: pre-mocks, post autumn report and end of term sad stuff

such a long ass title and for what?

so we've finally reached the end of my first term of year 11, not as stressful as some people may say but still a tiny bit of extra pressure.

todays post is going to consist of
-mocks stuff
-what happened in my autumn report bc there was some interesting stuff in there
-my possible last christmas at my school and how sad it was
-tradition year 11 christmas stuff at my school
-me having the usual crisis every couple of seconds
-me going on abt my crush

right so lets get the boring stuff out of the way first...my crush (well....boring for you but exciting for me to recount)

so like last saturday my best friend cough cough my crush went on a walk which was super cute and then she was like yo do u wanna come to a rugby match w me this afternoon and idk abt yall's parents but desi parents need at least a months notice on any sort of event, especially when its something thats far away like this event and so you can imagine what it was like when i told my parents i wanted to go

might as well have jumped off a bridge lmfao (jk student room pls dont ban me lol)

anyways with a lot of begging and i mean a LOT, i managed to go and yeah i had a pretty great time!! the best bit tho was on the way back and when we went back home for dinner. On the way back, i fell asleep on her shoulder with my arm linked w hers like bro i might as well have combusted here and then we got back and like snuggled on the kitchen floor w our backs to this heater thing and owowowowowo it was cute and then we had dinner on the sofa while watching strictly and then she took off her jumper and i got a sneak peak at her tummy and wowoowoow that was v hot and then we snuggled on the sofa as well

and heres the best bit

i, as a joke, decided to tickle her neck and then she grabbed my hand and put it to her chest AND I COULD FEEL HER HEART BEAT AND I WAS LIKE HOLY *****TTT THIS IS HAPPENED HHHHHHHH but unfortunately that came to an end after i had to leave-apparently her mum loves me sjdhdhdh thats always a bonus

okay so now the interesting part...my report

all in all it was pretty amazing!! i got 5 9s (maths, eng lang, chem, food tech and geo) 3 8s (french, eng lit, rs) and 2 7s (physics and biology)

was a little bummed out from the 7s in physics and biology but i have to keep reminding myself that those are As!! and i should be so proud of myself. i also thought id get a 9 in french but it is what it is bc i got an 8 which is also super impressive. my english teacher said i should do eng lit a level and i actually laughed out loud when i read that bc HELL NO?! who tf do u think i am?? a mentally stable person?? lmfao

mocks are getting closer and closer and yk ive acc been okay!! my christmas holidays have started which is nice for revision time and i got my mock timetable. its pretty good-theres a day where i don't need to come in at all bc i have no exams (ill probably come in for some of it but obviously im going to sleep in and all) however there is also a day where i have 3 exams (eng lang, food and rs) and these are all heavy content subjects which make my head go sjhdjhdhd. i also have a 3 hour practical on thursday which is not cute at all :/

i think the subject im most nervous for is either french or rs-both these subjects are ones where i need to memorise a lot of extra stuff like quotes and set phrases and for french we're doing all 4 components meaning i actually need to start learning my module questions sjdhjshs

(sorry theres a lot of writing today hehe its just that so much has happened and i need to update the couple of people who still look at this lmfao)

so every year, at my school, the year 11s make a christmas song to sing infront of all the other years and the teachers-its kind of like a huge roast lol and it was so cute!! you do it to the tune of iconic christmas songs and this year, we decided that all the songs should be to the tune to songs from the nativity (nazareth, one night one moment and sparkle and shine) and we also did mistletoe. lmfao it was so funny in sparkle and shine where we obviously couldn't hit the high notes and we had to take some stuff out bc it could be considered offensive (there was a bit abt how this english teacher has anger issues but like is a softie as well as a line abt how our head of year crushes our day after taking our jewellery (her go to phrase is 'lets crush this'))

and im suprised i didn't cry. but i still can't believe that i did it??? like ive been looking forward to it since i first watched it in year 7 and now ive done it and now im like wowowowow

i mean im even more suprised that i didn't cry at all throughout the day like woahh my possibly last christmas jumper day and christmas phase at my school and i didn't even shed a single tear?? go tazmeen!!!

okay yall i think thats enough for tonight!! i gotta get back to revision ig :/ wish me luck ig hahahahahha

mwah love u guys so much!!

tazmeen <3333
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Chapter 6:apologies and mocks

uhhh yall i am so so so sorry like holy shet i really forgot about this little gyg blog for so long. its just bc my posts take a while to write up and i had mocks revisions and stuff but at the same time im very sure im the only one who reads my posts bc i dont tag anyone nor does anyone ever reply to me hsdgdhd SO OKIE LETS TALK ABT MOCKS NOW HEHEH

(ps if ur actually reading this pls lmk by dropping ur @ so i can tag u in my posts)

so lets start off w the first day of mocks which was yesterday. we started off w a 2 hour maths exam (still don't know how i survived that) and i was so proud of myself bc i didn't have a panic attack sjhdhdgd which is quite ironic bc its my best subject? ig its the pressure of having to keep doing it well

then we had a nice revision session until after lunch where we had to do eng lit which lowkey made me want to cry as well, especially bc i added a really stupid point at the end of it and it sounds super inappropriate, especially when i thought abt it afterwards. the english teachers are all going to be like 'why is the head girl writing about being spanked in her eng lit exam'-

kind of forget all the time that im head girl? like idk i feel like im not doing enough and idk how to do more???

anyways so that was that for day 1. quite calm when i look back at it. however when i was doing my maths exam IT WAS SO COLD I COULDNNT WRITE FOR 10 MINUTES STRAIGHT AT ONE POINT. i have this thing called raynauds which causes weak circulations in my toes and fingers. i dont get any extra time or anything bc of it but it still can affect my peformance lololol. im defo bringing in blankets and stuff next week hahahah

now we shall move on to today, which, may i say, was quite chaotic.

i had eng lang, rs and food all in one day, with food and rs being only 15 minutes apart from each other.

however, despite this, i feel like i did REALLY well, especially in my transactional writing which i was really proud of. english has never been my strong point so to have come out of that exam and be like woah i actually did well made me feel so happy.

then we moved onto revision before i had to have an early lunch and do food and that was actually super good omg im so glad that in mocks it will be 80% of my grade. thank the lord i actually put effort into my food revision this time round

had a half an hour break and i was in quite some pain from all the writing-i have slightly weaker joints according to my gp lololololol

rs was also amazing!! i managed to write so much and i know that doesnt necessarily equal better grades but like hey ho at least i managed to write everything i knew

then finally, the end of the day came hallelujah

lowkey nervous for next week as i have all my sciences and french x2 (w speaking and listening being after mock week) as well as my food practical and geography *sigh*

btw if any of u guys wanna know anything abt me just ask lololol hehehehehe mwah okay my lovelies bye bye <3

-tazmeen xxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending