The Student Room Group

Answer any maths exam question

A Level Maths

Hi, do you know any resources you used online to get an A* in A Level Maths.

I would like to ask one more question, how are you able to answer any exam question online, like even if the question is twisted and is one of the hardest, how are you able to adapt knowledge from revision and apply it to the question?

I often get really confused with exam questions that are really hard and twisted differently from sections that I'm really good at.*
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by alithealientv
Hi, do you know any resources you used online to get an A*.

I would like to ask one more question, how are you able to answer any exam question online, like even if the question is twisted and is one of the hardest, how are you able to adapt knowledge from revision and apply it to the question?

I often get really confused with exam questions that are really hard and twisted differently from sections that I'm really good at.*

A level or GCSE?
A Level
Reply 3
I was just trying to clear up my understanding on a topic and came across this channel lol:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyyRmnmtgVy5Sm7_UiCLFgQ/playlists

They're quite good but you should probably fast forward through the vids as their explanation can be quite long (this is just based on one video I watched lol)

Do some c34 papers for exam practice or c12 if you're in year 12 (this is only once you've covered all the content for year 13/12 respectively)
any resources for questions by topic?
Reply 5
Original post by alithealientv
any resources for questions by topic?

Naiker maths is good for mechanics. the textbook is good for stats. and you could use pmt for pure questions by topic
PMT Tutor ( Bank of the most exam questions for All ALevels. Includes revision notes and cheat sheets)
Naiker Maths (questions by topic)
Your school resources
Pearson Edexcel textbook (you can find pdf online easily)
Pearson Edexcel Practice Book (same idea)
CGP Textbook (same idea)
DrFrost (free sign up, questions and videos) - highly recommended
MathsGenie (videos and questions by topic website)
A Level Maths Revision Online (website with topic questions and YouTube)
TLMaths (YouTube playlist, also website, many many videos, sorted by exam board)
Pete Hart (YouTube)
ExamSolutions (website and YouTube, spec may be little old for edexcel, but videos very easy to understand; also for every exam questions is a worked video solution)

Quick Reply

Latest