The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM Portfolio

Today I just realized that the csm portfolio requirements for both foundation and undergrad (fashion) got cut down from 30 pages to 15 pages...I had 30 pages, and now i've reduced to 17 pages. I still need to delete 2 pages, and here are my options:remove a fashion project that is two pages, or remove the process photos of two of my art projects. If I delete the fashion project, I would end up with only one fashion project. If I delete the process photos, I think the examiners won't really see the details and the amount of work I've put into them...Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any comments!
Original post by elysiaaaaa
Today I just realized that the csm portfolio requirements for both foundation and undergrad (fashion) got cut down from 30 pages to 15 pages...I had 30 pages, and now i've reduced to 17 pages. I still need to delete 2 pages, and here are my options:remove a fashion project that is two pages, or remove the process photos of two of my art projects. If I delete the fashion project, I would end up with only one fashion project. If I delete the process photos, I think the examiners won't really see the details and the amount of work I've put into them...Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any comments!

Hey, CSM do love looking at progress and a variation of art skills, and if you’re also applying for foundation course, I think putting in the process pages would be a little better than the single fashion project
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2

Hi, omg I am applying to foundation and undergrad (fashion). I too just found out like a day ago! I have been preparing for 30 pages and now I am so lost because if I remove pages, my entire flow will be messed up. I was wondering if it's mandatory to have art projects? I mostly have fashion projects, inside which I have explored textile and etc. Do I need any art-specific projects like paintings and drawings?
Hi! I'm just wondering where you got this information that it was cut down from 30 to 15 pages? Could you send the link please?
Original post by Ella4559
Hi, omg I am applying to foundation and undergrad (fashion). I too just found out like a day ago! I have been preparing for 30 pages and now I am so lost because if I remove pages, my entire flow will be messed up. I was wondering if it's mandatory to have art projects? I mostly have fashion projects, inside which I have explored textile and etc. Do I need any art-specific projects like paintings and drawings?

Could you send the link where you got the information from? About how it was cut down from 30 to 15 pages?
Reply 5
Original post by haleyth0208
Hey, CSM do love looking at progress and a variation of art skills, and if you’re also applying for foundation course, I think putting in the process pages would be a little better than the single fashion project

Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by ChukaLovesRice
Could you send the link where you got the information from? About how it was cut down from 30 to 15 pages?

https://www.arts.ac.uk/subjects/3d-design-and-product-design/pre-degree-courses/foundation-diploma-in-art-and-design-csm
This is CSM's foundation page. If you scroll down to "What happens next", you'll see it says 15 pages of your work.
Reply 7
Original post by Ella4559

I have 2 fashion projects and 7 art projects, just for reference (I think I have too much fine art projects tho). My art projects are mostly installations and videos...so for some of them my processes are super important...It's so painful to cut them down into 15 pages.
Reply 8
I have 2 fashion projects and 7 art projects, just for reference (I think I have too much fine art projects tho). My art projects are mostly installations and videos...so for some of them my processes are super important...It's so painful to cut them down into 15 pages.

Ikr! But I have too many fashion design projects and not so many other mediums. So right now I'm working on animation and or other valuable projects to add to my portfolio.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending