The Student Room Group

Will letter get posted without stamp and return ADRESS

Title
Original post by Sohello
Title

Do you mean will they deliver it? The person you've sent it to will have to pay the postage plus an additional fee.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Do you mean will they deliver it? The person you've sent it to will have to pay the postage plus an additional fee.

Oh shoot
Reply 3
Original post by Sohello
Oh shoot

How do I undo it? Do I send royalmail an email or something
Original post by Sohello
How do I undo it? Do I send royalmail an email or something

You can't, (unless you handed it in at a post office and are lucky enough that it hasn't gone out yet). You'll have to wait for them to process it and drop the recipient a card asking for missing postage.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
You can't, (unless you handed it in at a post office and are lucky enough that it hasn't gone out yet). You'll have to wait for them to process it and drop the recipient a card asking for missing postage.

Ughh im such an idiot!! I was very emotional when I wrote it and Ive posted it to an ex friend and its just so embarrassing and shes gonna get soo mad now esp if she has to pay a fee bc of me fs
Original post by Sohello
Ughh im such an idiot!! I was very emotional when I wrote it and Ive posted it to an ex friend and its just so embarrassing and shes gonna get soo mad now esp if she has to pay a fee bc of me fs

Could drop them a text or email to let them know it's coming and to apologise.
Reply 7
Could drop them a text or email to let them know it's coming and to apologise.

She ended our friendship recently and is still mad at me
Original post by Sohello
Title

Return address - Yes.

Stamp - No.
Reply 9
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Return address - Yes.

Stamp - No.

So theyre not gonna deliver it??
Original post by Sohello
She ended our friendship recently and is still mad at me

It’s not a very sincere apology if you make them pay for postage.
Reply 11
Original post by hungrysalamander
It’s not a very sincere apology if you make them pay for postage.

Ahahahahha it wasnt even an apology
Original post by Sohello
Ahahahahha it wasnt even an apology

You wrote a letter to someone who is mad at you and didn’t include an apology?
Reply 13
You wrote a letter to someone who is mad at you and didn’t include an apology?

Ive already apologised Loads and tried sorting it but she doesn’t want to, but she told some girl something that I had only told her so i got really angry and just sad and wrote a letter, I wasn’t meant to send it her , it was just in the heat of the moment
Original post by Sohello
Ive already apologised Loads and tried sorting it but she doesn’t want to, but she told some girl something that I had only told her so i got really angry and just sad and wrote a letter, I wasn’t meant to send it her , it was just in the heat of the moment

Well, fingers crossed your ex-friend doesn’t pay the fee to receive the letter.
Reply 15
Original post by Sohello

There's no need for a return address but without a stamp they will probably put a card through her door saying there's a letter to collect at the sorting office with a fee to pay of the cost of a stamp + an admin fee (about £1 last time it happened to me a few years ago). If you tell her she can just not bother to collect it and so avoid paying the fee.
Reply 16
Well, fingers crossed your ex-friend doesn’t pay the fee to receive the letter.

Ahhhh hopefully she doesn’t
Reply 17
Original post by EOData
There's no need for a return address but without a stamp they will probably put a card through her door saying there's a letter to collect at the sorting office with a fee to pay of the cost of a stamp + an admin fee (about £1 last time it happened to me a few years ago). If you tell her she can just not bother to collect it and so avoid paying the fee.

Omgg ahhhhh Idk i just hope she ignores it
Original post by Sohello

They won’t deliver it if you don’t have a stamp. They will deliver it if you don’t have a return address
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest