The Student Room Group

Do we need to send EU passportor ID by post?

Hi, my partner needs to fill out UK employment status form and send his original passport or ID / does he really needs to send original passport via post? Is there no any risk of loss sending via post?/ or shall he rather send via special delivery return? Its pobox adress/ its steange they are asking you in the form to send only coppies of tax returns, wage slips but passport or I D they want original? Despite he has provided details from his passport together with settled status share code in his previous form, how easy they can just check anything they need...i dont realky get it.
Can you please advise, does it need to be original? And if yes can he send via special delivery return so they can return it via special delivery his id back?
Hi there. Are you applying as a spouse of a Migrant Worker? If this is the case, then we do need his original Valid ID to be sent in the post. It's up to you how you want to send it to us in the post.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Are you applying as a spouse of a Migrant Worker? If this is the case, then we do need his original Valid ID to be sent in the post. It's up to you how you want to send it to us in the post.

Thanks, Leah.

My husband is applying as migrant worker,
Original post by Kika790
My husband is applying as migrant worker,

Hi there,

If the team have asked for original ID it would need to be original he sends to us. He can send it anyway he wishes with royal mail. Once received , we can hold it for up to 6 weeks. When we go to return this, we will email him to confirm the tracking number.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending