The Student Room Group

english language paper 2 question 5

can someone mark my answer to question 5 please?
‘Cars are noisy, dirty, smelly and downright dangerous. They should be banned from all town and city centres, allowing people to walk and cycle in peace.’ Write a letter to the Minister for Transport arguing your point of view on this statement. (24 marks for content and organisation 16 marks for technical accuracy) [40 marks] You are advised to plan your answer to Question 5 before you start to write.

21 England road
London
En4 5yg
3 October 2020

26 lincoln Road
Essex
En3 4AB

Dear Sir/Madaam,
I am writing to you regarding the statement ‘’‘Cars are noisy, dirty, smelly and downright dangerous. They should be banned from all town and city centres, allowing people to walk and cycle in peace.’’I would like to state that this is not always the case and I will explain my reasons for this in this letter.

Firstly, there are alot of measures put into place to ensure that cars are not ‘downright dangerous’ ;for example speeding limits,traffic lights and zebra crossings,these ensure that nobody is at risk of being injured by a car,these are all extremely important and make you feel as safe as being in the comfort of your own home.Instead of banning cars we as a community should work together to enforce more control over cars by adding more zebra crossings and traffic lights instead of banning cars.

Secondly,to ensure that cars are not dangerous, drivers have to take a driving test to ensure they are suitable to own and drive a vehicle and so they are aware of how to avoid injuring people or being dangerous towards people.

Another point that I would like to mention is that people who live far away and work in town or city centres need a car as thats the only way they are able to directly reach their workplace,to cycle or walk will be too inconvenient and those who are disabled are unable to cycle or walk and so will need to use a car as a method of transportation. A recent survey suggested that 85% of people said they are unable to make it to work without a car,and so banning cars will lead to people losing their jobs but not only losing their jobs and also leading to those who are disabled becoming even more disadvantaged then they already are.How would you feel if you were disabled and you lost your job because you were unable to walk or cyle to work?

A further reason why I disagree with this statement is because there are cars which have been manufactured in the past years which are eco friendly and so ensuring that they are not ‘smelly ,noisy or dirty’ as stated in your statement.These cars are really good as people feel more welcomed and don’t cause any pollution.I

Thank you for taking your time to read my letter and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely

m.kk
Reply 1
this is really good , since this question is out of 16 i would give yu a solid 14 !
Hi, I have just seen this and I was just wondering if you could help me.

I hope you are all well! I am practicing some questions for English Language paper 1. To be more specific, I am going over Question 4. I am doing a question 4 from the Life of Pi. I am really struggling with this question and I don’t really know where to start. I have been trying to find a model aswer which I could use as guidance and inspiration but I can’t find anything.

Here is the question: Focus this part of your answer on the second part of the Source from line 19 to the end.
A student, having read this section of the text, said: ‘The writer makes the reader feel sympathetic for the narrator.’
To what extent do you agree?
In your response, you could:
write about your own impressions of the narrator
evaluate how the writer has created these impressions
support your opinions with references to the text
[20 marks]

I have also attatched the exract. If anyone could help by giving me some model paragraphs, answers or ideas. I would really appreciate it. I have asked my teacher for some but she just keeps forgetting and when I remind her she just feels bad, but still forgets.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I would really appreciate some model paragrpahs which will hopefully give me an insight into what is expected of me and what I need to do.

Also your answer is amazing. Well Done! It’s Ace.

Take care
Reply 3
Original post by 0.pxzl
this is really good , since this question is out of 16 i would give yu a solid 14 !

thankyou also the question is out of 40 its q5 paper 2
Reply 4
Original post by Happs_2705

I hope you are all well! I am practicing some questions for English Language paper 1. To be more specific, I am going over Question 4. I am doing a question 4 from the Life of Pi. I am really struggling with this question and I don’t really know where to start. I have been trying to find a model aswer which I could use as guidance and inspiration but I can’t find anything.

Here is the question: Focus this part of your answer on the second part of the Source from line 19 to the end.
A student, having read this section of the text, said: ‘The writer makes the reader feel sympathetic for the narrator.’
[20 marks]

I have also attatched the exract. If anyone could help by giving me some model paragraphs, answers or ideas. I would really appreciate it. I have asked my teacher for some but she just keeps forgetting and when I remind her she just feels bad, but still forgets.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I would really appreciate some model paragrpahs which will hopefully give me an insight into what is expected of me and what I need to do.

Take care

id suggest watching mr bruffs youtube video
Reply 5
Original post by Happs_2705

[20 marks]

Take care

ive also been told that you can just combine your answers from question 2 and 3 as you will have different examiners marking each question
Original post by k.kk
can someone mark my answer to question 5 please?
‘Cars are noisy, dirty, smelly and downright dangerous. They should be banned from all town and city centres, allowing people to walk and cycle in peace.’ Write a letter to the Minister for Transport arguing your point of view on this statement. (24 marks for content and organisation 16 marks for technical accuracy) [40 marks] You are advised to plan your answer to Question 5 before you start to write.

21 England road
London
En4 5yg
3 October 2020

26 lincoln Road
Essex
En3 4AB

Dear Sir/Madaam,
I am writing to you regarding the statement ‘’‘Cars are noisy, dirty, smelly and downright dangerous. They should be banned from all town and city centres, allowing people to walk and cycle in peace.’’I would like to state that this is not always the case and I will explain my reasons for this in this letter.

Firstly, there are alot of measures put into place to ensure that cars are not ‘downright dangerous’ ;for example speeding limits,traffic lights and zebra crossings,these ensure that nobody is at risk of being injured by a car,these are all extremely important and make you feel as safe as being in the comfort of your own home.Instead of banning cars we as a community should work together to enforce more control over cars by adding more zebra crossings and traffic lights instead of banning cars.

Secondly,to ensure that cars are not dangerous, drivers have to take a driving test to ensure they are suitable to own and drive a vehicle and so they are aware of how to avoid injuring people or being dangerous towards people.

Another point that I would like to mention is that people who live far away and work in town or city centres need a car as thats the only way they are able to directly reach their workplace,to cycle or walk will be too inconvenient and those who are disabled are unable to cycle or walk and so will need to use a car as a method of transportation. A recent survey suggested that 85% of people said they are unable to make it to work without a car,and so banning cars will lead to people losing their jobs but not only losing their jobs and also leading to those who are disabled becoming even more disadvantaged then they already are.How would you feel if you were disabled and you lost your job because you were unable to walk or cyle to work?

A further reason why I disagree with this statement is because there are cars which have been manufactured in the past years which are eco friendly and so ensuring that they are not ‘smelly ,noisy or dirty’ as stated in your statement.These cars are really good as people feel more welcomed and don’t cause any pollution.I

Thank you for taking your time to read my letter and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely

m.kk

Are you still looking for feedback on this?
Reply 7
Original post by GabiAbi84
Are you still looking for feedback on this?y

yes please :smile:
Reply 8
hi i seen your essay and it is good but one improvement dont try and tacke the person your saying becuse it may be a bit less formal otherwide good writing :smile:
Reply 9
Is that even the PM's house :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

26 lincoln Road
Essex
En3 4AB
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
he meant grammar is 14 :smile:
hi , im new here and i have problem im question 5 both paper how i improve more
hi i am new and i have problem in english language both paper question 5 i dont know how to use terminology like mataphore specially hyperbole, juxtaposition and oxymoron when writing a paragraph . is any body help me?
Original post by zainab.sajjad
hi i am new and i have problem in english language both paper question 5 i dont know how to use terminology like mataphore specially hyperbole, juxtaposition and oxymoron when writing a paragraph . is any body help me?

For Paper 1, Question 5: Search ‘Mr Salles how to cheat the description question’ on YouTube.

For Paper 2, Question 5: Search ‘Mr Salles how to cheat the persuade question’ on YouTube.

Smash the exam!
hnka

Original post by Kyle McNeil
For Paper 1, Question 5: Search ‘Mr Salles how to cheat the description question’ on YouTube.

For Paper 2, Question 5: Search ‘Mr Salles how to cheat the persuade question’ on YouTube.

Smash the exam!

thanks a lot but i have problem how to use techniques i know what they are but dont know how to use them
Personally I think it is really good. Keep up the work like this and you should get at least a 4/5 xx
Reply 17
Original post by 0.pxzl

technical accuracy, 10/24

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending